Real Tech Inc. designs and manufactures a comprehensive product line of advanced, real-time, water quality monitoring sensors and custom software analytics to bring continuous intelligence to water and wastewater processes. With clients in over 50 countries around the world including Fortune 500 companies, large and small municipal water and wastewater treatment plants, major water industry leaders, and government agencies, Real Tech is advancing how water is managed to improve global water quality. Real Tech has been the recipient of numerous awards and nominations including the 2017 BlueTech Forum Technology Award, Deloitte Technology Green 15 award for four consecutive years and the 2015 Whitby Business Achievement Award. Our CEO is the 2012 RBC Women Entrepreneur of the Year Award Winner and a 2016 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award Finalist. Real Tech is an innovative, forward-thinking company that boasts a high retention rate of both clients and team members and is making a real impact to the world of water. To help drive our rapidly growing business, we are seeking an Applications Engineer to join our team.
Our Ideal Candidate
If you love working with your hands in a team setting and take pride in the quality of your work, you might be who we are looking for. We are looking for someone with a strong mechanical aptitude and a precise attention to detail. Someone who can work well under tight deadlines while not compromising the quality of their work. This person will gain a sense of accomplishment knowing that the work they are doing has a direct impact on the protection of our world’s most precious resource
The Mechanical Assembly Technician will assist in the production of our entire product line. The Mechanical Assembly Technician will not only help build the products but will also be involved in the testing and evaluation of the products to ensure quality control. The role requires full-time, day-time hours in our beautiful manufacturing facility, Monday to Friday.
More specifically, our ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Detail oriented with fine motor skills and hand tool experience
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to follow detailed instructions, processes and procedures
- Proficient with hand and power tools to assemble products
- Soldering experience an asset
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills
- Be a team player and be adaptable, eager to learn
- Previous experience in mechanical assembly required
Specific job duties include:
- Install, mount, fasten, align and adjust parts, components, wiring and harnesses to subassemblies and assemblies
- Assist in the calibration, testing and evaluation of instrumentation to ensure client satisfaction
- Inspect electronic components and assemblies to ensure adherence to specifications
- Perform final assembly checks for finish, labelling and assist in packaging products for shipment
- Assist Engineering Department to install and operate systems
- Perform troubleshooting and repair of instrumentation
- Solder and manually assemble various electronic components on PCB, as required
- This full-time, permanent position offers an hourly rate along with a very competitive benefits package.
If you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity to help improve global water quality, we encourage you to apply today!
We value diversity and inclusion and we encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can help make it easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to ask.
We will review all applications as they are received and will contact successful applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Assembly: 1 year (Preferred)