Our mission is to deliver high quality education to high school students.
We are looking for passionate, energetic, and responsible individuals to develop material and/or teach the Ontario high school Grade 12 curriculum for Math, Chemistry, Physics, and other Science subjects (especially MHF4U, MCV4U, SPH4U, SCH4U) to high school students in Canada and other countries.
The content need not be developed from scratch, but put together from free sources respecting their IP copyright. The applicants should be comfortable, easy going, and creative when teaching to teens. The material should be engaging so the students are learning in a fun environment.
The work will be remote (you can work from anywhere in the world). When teaching there will be a local onsite tutor assisting you, but you will be the main teacher. All your interactions with the students will be recorded to satisfy the Ministry of Education's requirements. The local tutor will provide feedback every now and then to adjust the lessons and improve the material.
If interested, there may be a chance to have you teach in person for a few weeks.
- Ontario Certified Teacher (OCT) preferred
- Experience teaching Math/Science Grade 12 courses (preferred)
- Familiarity with the Ministry of Education Curriculum and Growing Success
- Enthusiastic, flexible, highly responsible; able to motivate and inspire students
- Familiarity with Moodle and Video conferencing solutions
- Develop material for and/or teach Ontario High School Math/Science Grade 12 courses at a high level of proficiency
- Assess and identify students’ individual learning needs
- Coordinate with the local Math/Science tutor the lesson plans so one reinforces the other
- Keep students engaged using a variety of teaching techniques: lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations
- Assign and mark homework
- Evaluate and review the progress of students and discuss results with students and parents
- Provide an assessment to Grade 11 students to understand if they have the skills to be successful when taking Grade 12 courses
- Classes may start between September 2019 and January 2020 for a period of approximately 15 months with each course lasting 10 to 13 weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 30 hours of live online instruction out of the 110 hours of course content. You will not need to cover 110 hours of instruction given that part of that is homework and assignments, and work from the local tutor.
- Live online instruction hours will vary (it doesn't have to be every day of the week)
Selected candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for considering Canaway Academy. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $25.00 to $45.00 /hour
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Curriculum Development: 1 year (Preferred)