Girl Boss Chess is a women-led organization that empowers girls through chess. We are looking for educators who can be role models to these girls. The age range of students is girls between the ages of 6-8 years. This job is suitable for anyone who wants extra income and the opportunity to empower girls!
Location of in-person classes: a local school in Ottawa
The following are not mandatory but an asset, please mention these qualifications in your application (if applicable):
- A minimum of two years of experience teaching (any subject) is an asset.
- Currently actively playing chess is an asset.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this position:
1. Please tell us a bit about yourself and why you think you would be an asset to Girl Boss Chess in your application.
2. Register for a free chess account on Lichess.org and play a total of three games. Once completed, please send us your username.
\*Instructions to register on Lichess.org:
- Click 'Register' and complete the steps
- Click 'Play' button (far right on your screen)
- Choose 'Strength 3'
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract, Freelance
Part-time hours: 1 per week
Salary: $30.00 per hour
- Please tell us a bit about yourself and why you think you would be an asset to Girl Boss Chess.
- What is your Lichess.org username?