Awarded one of Canada’s Best Managed companies, The Forest Group is a vertically integrated diversified group of companies offering exterior construction material supply and services within the Greater Toronto Area. Focused on asphalt paving, concrete, landscape construction and other exterior construction, Forest has provided quality solutions for over 25 years.
We are currently looking for a Grader Operator to join our growing team!
Reporting directly to the Manager of Grading Operations, the Grader Operator will be responsible for safely and efficiently operating a Grader to perform rough and finish grade work on gravel.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Performing a daily circle check on equipment operated.
· Following equipment maintenance schedule as required.
· General labour duties such as preparing materials and clean up of site area.
· Other duties as assigned by the Site Supervisors
Qualified candidates will possess:
· Minimum 2 years experience operating heavy construction machinery
· Experience in the construction industry with a willingness to learn
· Experience in asphalt paving and/or sewer & watermain projects is considered an asset
· Ability to multi task and work in a fast-paced environment
· A safety conscious demeanor and willingness to adhere to company safety policies, practices and procedures.
· A positive attitude and willingness to work as a part of a team
· Valid driver’s license
Why join The Forest Group?
- We offer a competitive compensation package. Compensation will vary based on applicants’ experience and qualifications
- We provide a competitive benefits package including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision, and additional benefits (i.e massage, physiotherapy, etc.).
- We offer a registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) with employer matching.
- Opportunity for significant career development due to continual growth.
- A strong company culture and work life balance.
The Forest Group is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of any age, culture, subculture, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, race, size, mental or physical status, veteran status, religion, language, political opinion, working-style preference, family status, education, and socio-economic status.
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person