Administrative and Personal Assistant required for a professional business couple
The position requires the candidate to be able to perform duties in three main categories:
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Facilitate smooth communications between the Executive and Office managers, Bookkeeper, Nurses, Physicians and co-workers and between the Executive and external parties such as vendors, customers, and the public.
- Liaison & support to other employees as required
Handle confidential information.
- Maintain the security of the executive’s records and files.
- Perform tasks using independent judgment and discretion; e.g., preparing documents and presentation materials; screening and responding to incoming correspondence, inquiries, and phone calls; drafting letters; arranging and attending meetings; taking and distributing minutes
- Managing calendar/appointments/meetings
- Leading and coordinating multiple events from planning to execution.
- Order office supplies and maintain levels of supply when needed.
- Create presentations and other working documents for the President.
- Coordinate courier and shipments, as required.
- Deliver and pick up business related supplies in the immediate geographic area
- Work with executive administrative team to create spreadsheets and presentation information and business organization.
- Prepare the conference room for presentations and staff meetings.
- Other administrative tasks, as requested.
Personal Assistant responsibilities:
- Manage the Executive’s schedules.
- Working with the Executive in facilitating day to day tasks.
- Assistance with personal needs such as running errands, taking vehicles for maintenance, purchasing supplies, refreshments, gifts etc.
- Driving for deliveries and to appointments and airport.
Light Computer and Office Maintenance responsibilities:
- Light repairs and maintenance - Changing light bulbs, minor repairs to office furniture, etc.
- Microsoft Windows updates
- Printer and network troubleshooting and install, etc.
- Moving files and boxes to and from storage
- Experience or student in business administration or marketing
- Previous experience in Executive Assistant role or equivalent experience in an Administrative Assistant role.
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential material.
- Having sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Trustworthy, ethical and tactful with a focus on security and confidentiality; and a good understanding of the sensitivities, professionalism and confidentiality involved in working in the healthcare field.
- The ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail with documents, filing, etc.
- Reliability and dependability
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills, with an ability to handle a variety of tasks in a timely manner with effective time management skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, professionals, physicians and patients.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; and the ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- In-depth working knowledge of computer software including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Google mail and calendar.
- Excellent word processing skills
- Email, Gmail and social media proficiency
- Ability to type at least 40 wpm.
- Must be familiar with and willing to undertake general building maintenance, small repairs and light renovation work
- Experienced driver with valid Driver’s license and a clean record
- Must be able and willing to be on call
- Flexibility on availability (mornings, evenings and some weekends)
- Bilingual English-French is an asset.
- Willing to obtain a police and vulnerable sector check
This position is ideal for candidates that are Students or Graduates of an Administrative Assistant or Marketing & Communications program. Preference will also be given to applicants who display honesty and dependability. As well as, strong computer skills and good handyman and light maintenance and repair skills and are flexible in the hours of work and availability.
This position may start as a casual, on-call or part-time and may extend to full-time based upon ability and performance. Salary to be negotiated and will be reviewed.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Casual
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Handyman/repair/maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Google Suite/Calendar/mail: 1 year (Preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)