Are you PASSIONATE about working with kids?
Do you LOVE figuring out how things work and building things with your hands?
Are you someone who enjoys sharing knowledge in ways that others can easily understand?
Do you have the EXPERIENCE to lead a classroom of kids? And the SKILLS and know-how to change gears in order to keep them focused and engaged?
JOIN OUR TEAM!
We're hiring instructors for hands-on learning classes, workshops and birthday parties!
This is an ideal position for someone who is:
- looking for casual, part-time work
- available for weekly classes (run at the same location, same times)
- available during the afternoons, evenings and weekends
Our hands-on learning approach and enthusiastic, passionate instructors create fun, engaging and supportive environments where kids learn through exploration and play!
Our exciting curriculum includes hands-on building S.T.E.M activities, robotics, LEGO, MinecraftEdu and more.
**As our classes take place in various locations throughout Greater Victoria (community centres, schools, homes), a reliable mode of transportation to commute to classes with supplies and equipment is required.
**Experience working with children and youth, and classroom management skills is required, as well as the ability to work alongside another instructor.
We assign two instructors per class/ workshop/ birthday. Our instructor to student ratio is typically 1:8 or less.
We provide everything you need to successfully lead classes including supplies and equipment.
We also provide a fully prepared curriculum; however, we love when instructors use the curriculum as a jumping off point and bring their own ideas, creativity and expertise to their classes!
- Create a safe, inclusive environment where kids can have fun while creating and learning
- Manage and provide positive behaviour support
- Prepare and deliver lessons from a highly-developed curriculum
- Pick up and return supplies
- Set up and clean up classrooms
- Work collaboratively with a co-instructor
- Provide superior customer experience
- Maintain on-going communication with co-leads and management team
You are someone who:
- has experience working with kids (ideally in group settings)
- knows how to positively engage kids in a classroom
- has experience in the service industry and understands the importance of customer service
- is a strong communicator and a confident presenter
- is flexible and can think on your feet
- has strong problem solving skills
- able to work independently and as part of a team
- has a keen interest in S.T.E.M fields
- has a real interest in teaching through hands-on discovery and activities
- Emergency first aid and CPR C
- Clean police check to work with children (within last 6 months)
- Dependable vehicle that can fit bins of classroom supplies
- Willingness to travel to various locations in Greater Victoria
- Ability to lift and carry bins of supplies and equipment
What we provide:
- An awesome team of people to work with!
- $16/hour plus 4% vacation pay
- Curriculum, supplies, and hands-on training
- The opportunity for full time work during winter break, spring break and summer
About Engineering For Kids:
Engineering For Kids® brings S.T.E.M. education (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) to children through fun and engaging hands-on learning experiences that encourages creativity, collaboration, problem solving, and critical thinking. We host after-school classes, workshops, parties and camps in Greater Victoria.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract, Casual
Salary: $16.00 per hour
- Public Speaking/ Presenting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Classroom Management: 1 year (Required)
- LEGO Robotics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Minecraft: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Teaching Children: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- BC Driver's License and Vehicle (Required)
- Emergency First Aid + CPR C (Required)
- Criminal Record Check (within past 6 months) (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)