Do you enjoy cabinetmaking but would rather stay in the shop and build, rather than drive around and un-install and re-install cabinetry? Have you put in your time over the years and would rather focus on building instead of installing?
If so, this could be the job for you!
We are looking to hire an experienced full-time Cabinetmaker to work out of our Coquitlam location.
This position will focus heavily on in-shop production. Cabinetry is a growing division that works hard to create the right team while maintaining a high standard of customer service and quality workmanship. You will be expected to foster good working relationships at all levels of the company and meet the company standards for attendance and punctuality.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate who is looking to continue or advance their career in this growing industry. We are looking for an experienced individual with a minimum of 5 years of cabinetmaking experience. This will be a lead role and you will be responsible for setting the standard by which others should follow and for ensuring a positive customer experience. Working closely with others, you will be expected to share knowledge and help improve our team.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrate professional knowledge of in-shop & on-site tools and equipment.
- Prepare cut lists, materials and hardware for production.
- Laying laminate/veneer. Staining experience considered an asset.
- Building custom cabinets, routing custom millwork.
- Ability to read and create layouts/drawings for the purpose of production and installation.
- Complete and submit all paperwork required, including all supporting documents. Accurate and legible paperwork is critical to the process and must be performed consistently each day; therefore, attention to detail is also a requirement for this position.
- Operate a company vehicle using good judgment, abiding by all traffic laws and regulations.
- Attend all division meetings and training sessions as required.
- Meet company standards for attendance and punctuality.
- Clean criminal record (check will be required).
- Follow safety protocols including appropriate use of PPE.
- Minimum 5 years experience in cabinetry.
- Ability to draw and interpret blueprints, layouts and specifications.
- Physically capable of lifting and carrying a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment, etc.
- Provide your own hand tools (larger equipment provided).
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Ability to work well alone as well as in a team environment.
Compensation: up to $30/hr + Extended Benefits.
As a 2nd Generation Family business, we know that our people are everything. We want to set-up each of our team members to be as successful as they can be. We believe in a culture of mutual respect and accountability and we know the importance of work-life balance.
We believe in promoting from within and we provide a structured Development Pipeline to further your career in other areas of expertise.
Our Team celebrates Quarterly Breakfasts, afternoon BBQ’s and fun staff events outside of the office - all coordinated and chosen by our in-house Social Committee based on employee feedback.
We look forward to talking to you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 /hour
- Cabinet Making: 5 years (Required)