This position is responsible for accurate and timely internal cost and operational reporting, forecasting, budgeting and analysis thereby ensuring all reporting deadlines are met and accounting records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and corporate policies. This position is located at the Mine Site in Grande Cache, AB
The incumbent is accountable to both the Chief Financial Officer (Corporate Office) and the General Manager (Mine Site Operations).
RESPONSIBILITIES & PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Develop, analyze and provide internal reports addressing actual vs. budget/prior period variances and trend analysis used to support financial and operational management decisions.
- Co-ordinate information requirements between the finance department and the operating departments.
- Co-ordinate mine site month end process and insure all inputs, including accruals from the operating departments are submitted and recorded accurately and on a timely basis.
- Manage the Mine Site administration of Pay & Benefits, Procurement and Warehousing
- Prepare and record journal entries, analyze internal costs and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Maintain internal controls and identify and correct internal control weaknesses.
- Responsible for fixed asset accounting, external audit schedule preparation and various government reporting.
- In conjunction with Engineering, Processing and Marketing departments, reconcile and record coal inventory movements.
- Other responsibilities as required or assigned.
A University Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting and completion or pursuit of a formal accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA).
Three to five years accounting experience, preferably in a mining setting.
Job Type: Full-time
- Surface Operations Mining: 2 years (Preferred)