Start Date: July 29, 2019
We are seeking a skilled and motivated software expert to join our team. Our ideal candidate is experienced with software development - software design & testing, data management & architecture, server development & management, and app/web UI/UX . An understanding of firmware design is considered an asset.
This is an exciting and challenging position where you will be required to work on projects from a napkin sketch to the product is selling in the market. Our hardware designs could end up in mass production, as a custom one time application, or prototype unit. Unlike most companies, Ventrify’s new hires are given responsibility of their own project. We are a startup team and are looking for someone who may not have all the answers but is willing to find them, learn them, and then implement them. You will also have an opportunity to work in other technical fields including hardware design, firmware implementation, mechanical systems, 3D printing and prototyping and RF development.
Key Qualifications (Personal Projects Included; Portfolio ideal)
- Experience with Python, C++, Windows, Linux, network programming, database design, algorithm analysis, or cloud servers - you are confident enough to handle it all
- Experience with mobile app development for both the Android and the IOS platforms
- Experience with software architecture and design patterns, especially with Agile Design Processes.
- Experience developing using Amazon Web Servers and integrating IoT devices
- Knowledge of UI/UX design principles
- Strong problem solving, debugging skills and ability to write elegant, concise, easy to understand code
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Mining or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence).
- Familiarity with product development process
Research and develop processes, designs or formulations for new or improved products
- Contribute to the estimating and planning of sprints within the scrum team. Working with the project managers and mechanical team to estimate and quote new projects.
- Analyze the viability of the solution to meet product timelines, budget and quality. Present the solution to different stakeholders.
- Create and execute test cases for new functionality
- Design and develop mobile apps from graphic sketches and functionality layouts, test and review the application with project managers and clients.
- Design and Program AWS Web servers to connect to remote systems and IoT devices
- Design, build, debug, optimize front and back end systems for user function and interface of the designed products
- Build and support new or improved products from research and development to manufacturing.
- Generate technical documentation, including reports, test plans, and standard operating procedures.
Interpersonal and Project Management Experience (Preferred):
- Experience working within an Agile team
- Experience or knowledge of lean six sigma
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience working in a research and development environment within an ISO 9001, ISO 13485, or GMP framework.
- Great documentation and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Comfortable with a high level of autonomy in the work place.
BSc. in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines.
- You are not afraid of a challenge and are eager to provide solutions to problems within limited scope and complexity
- You love to experiment and take every opportunity to demonstrate self-initiative
- You have excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, and documentation skills
- You are a collaborator and able to build internal partnerships to achieve results
- High level of professionalism, integrity and ethics
- English, you have excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Mandarin written and spoken is considered an Asset
Ventrify is an international product design and manufacturing firm founded in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. By offering world-class electronics design and cost-effective mass production in Asia, Ventrify makes it easy for North-American entrepreneurs and businesses to bring new innovations to market.
Ventrify Inc. is a market leader in designing new consumer electronics for mass production specializing in early collaboration with Chinese manufacturers and Chinese electronic components. Our electronics team mainly deals with hardware, software and connected devices.
Visit www.ventrify.ca for more information about Ventrify.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time