Summit Fleet is all about continuous improvement, candor, and accountability when it comes to looking for new people. We are looking for a customer service driven, enthusiastic and strongly organized personality for the Licensed Technician position to join our team of professionals.
***This position is located in Grande Prairie, AB***
The Licensed Technician - Fleet Services will be responsible for overseeing a light duty maintenance repair shop. The scope of work will include minor mechanical repairs, tires, bumper replacements, brakes, undercarriage repair, oil changes. This individual in this role must thrive in a fast-paced environment and will review work orders with their supervisors, complete reports to record problems and work performed, and work with advisors and customers to be able to explain the necessary work.
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher on computer terminal and take vehicle to stall areas
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts. Inform management and Dispatcher if vehicle is down awaiting parts and pursue special ordering of parts, if appropriate
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Communicate requests for additional work and estimates to the ASM using the RE terminal command
- Inform Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair, if authorized by the customer
- Red Seal Certified, CVIP registered an asset
- Able to work with other technicians and service consultants
- Positive attitude and a desire to repair vehicles correctly
- Time management skills
Compensation and Benefits;
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our employees;
***Signing Bonus Offered***
- Group Health after 90 days/Dental after 6 months
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid vacation
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism and teamwork – now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of one of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- automotive: 3 years (Required)
- Red Seal Automotive Service Technician (Required)