Join our team and grow your career with us!
The Company: LiteZone Glass Inc. is a clean technology company that manufactures LiteZone®, a next generation, patented, insulating glass unit (IGU) that achieves ultra-high insulating values and extreme longevity. LiteZone® glass units make possible the world’s most energy efficient and longest lasting windows. LiteZone received the prestigious Canada Green Building Council, Product of the Year Award in 2016.
After years of research and development, LiteZone Glass Inc. recently commissioned its new manufacturing facility in southeast Edmonton, AB and commenced commercial production of LiteZone®. The company is now expanding its organization with talented people that are excited about the opportunity to work for an innovative new cleantech company with a remarkable growth potential.
The Opportunity: We are seeking an individual to join our sales and marketing team as a Technical Sales Representative. Working out of our Edmonton office, the successful candidate will generate sales leads, develop sales opportunities, prepare estimates, and quote projects for current and prospective customers. The Technical Sales Representative will be an integral member of our team whose mission is to achieve aggressive sales growth in Canada and the USA.
- Position: Full-time, permanent
- Location: Edmonton, AB
- Application deadline: Friday, June 12, 2020
The successful candidate will be conscientious, adaptable, and driven to achieve team and company success; and will have the aptitude and desire to eventually accept more responsibility in a leadership role within our sales team.
LiteZone® is a new technology that is constructed much differently from conventional insulating glass units and achieves previously unheard-of performance values. Learning the technical aspects of LiteZone®, and the many benefits LiteZone® can bring to a project, will be essential to the success of the Technical Sales Representative.
- Engineering or Architectural Technologist, or Journeyman Glazier, or post-secondary education in a related field with relevant experience.
- Association of Science and Engineering Technology (ASET) member is an asset.
- At least five years’ experience in a technical sales capacity.
- Working knowledge of effective sales processes.
- Completion of sales training courses or programs.
- Demonstrated success in closing sales opportunities and achieving sales targets.
- Estimating experience an asset.
- Previous experience in manufacturing or construction industry.
- Previous experience in the glazing or fenestration industry an asset.
- Working knowledge of building envelop science an asset.
- Proficient at reading and interpreting architectural and engineering drawings.
- Practices personal integrity, accountability, and professional conduct.
- Competent in effective organizational and time management skills and processes.
- Works proficiently and productively both with a team and autonomously.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, MS Project, OneNote, TEAM, Publisher, and AutoCAD an asset.
- Working knowledge of Lawrence Berkley National Laboratory’s (LBNL) Window and Therm simulation software for deriving window thermal performance values is an asset.
- Capable and keen to tackle new learning and develop new skills.
- Strives for a standard of excellence.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient basic math skills.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Excellent English language skills including verbal, written and conversational.
- Charismatic, genuine, and confident.
- Able and willing to travel occasionally within Canada and to USA to conduct sales calls, to staff trade show exhibits, or attend sales and marketing events.
- Valid Canadian driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Valid Canadian passport and ability to travel to the USA.
- Could pass a Criminal Records Check.
- Generate sales leads and develop sales opportunities.
- Prepare estimates and quote projects for current and prospective customers.
- Contribute to technical information included in marketing and sales materials.
- Engage with prospective customers however they are found including from website inquiries, emails, telephone calls, walk-ins, social media, advertisements, trade shows, LiteZone® presentations, etc.
- Keep accurate, up to date and effective records of interactions with customers and of the progress in developing sales opportunities.
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing team in determining sales targets, developing strategies and plans to achieve sales targets, and in evaluating sales target achievement.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of LiteZone® products, applications, manufacturing processes, customers, markets, and our industry.
- Become a technical expert and trusted advisor about our products and their applications to our customers and our partners.
- Derive IGU and window thermal performance values using LBNL’s Window and Therm simulation software.
- Prepare and deliver product presentations to prospective customers or interested audiences.
- Manage the exhibition of LiteZone® at trade shows and be the attendant at trade show booths.
- Assess, analyze, and evaluate customers’ needs to determine the best technical, aesthetic and cost effective LiteZone® solutions.
- Working with your manager, identify and explore opportunities for continuing education and professional development to further your technical sales competence and career at LiteZone Glass Inc.
- Ensure your behavior and attitude aligns with our company core values of mutual respect; honesty; diligence; open mindedness; team collaboration; continuous improvement; open communication; best practices; win-win solutions; safety first; company pride.
- Contribute positively to our company culture and be an admirable ambassador for our company.
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health benefits package upon completion of probation period.
How to Apply: Please email your resume, with “Competition #20-02” in the subject line, to the attention of “Human Resources”. We thank all applicants and wish you all the best. Those who are short-listed will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 12, 2020
Reference ID: Competition #20-02
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- construction or manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- technical sales: 5 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)