AMS Automated Manufacturing Systems is focused on introducing the next generation of automation in manufacturing & assembly. Our innovative core competencies lie on Automation Assembly in the Automotive Industry, using various Assembly, Welding, & Laser Technologies. We are looking for talented, dedicated and self-motivated individuals to assist with the growth and expansion of AMS.
The Marketing and Sales Assistant will create and maintain branding and marketing for AMS while assisting with sales, and booking objectives, in order to proactively seek out and successfully close new equipment orders. The incumbent will represent the company for outside customer relations, supplier relations, and public activities. The Marketing and Sales Assistant will lead new order entry and participate in new business, product and process improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Must have 3 years’ experience in automation preferably in automotive and robotics industry
· Analyze market industry trends to develop promotional and marketing materials
· Create and manage social media and online presence for the Company
· Collaborate with different departments to successfully implement brand building
· Develop sales scripts, presentations and promotions; cold call and visit companies to obtain new business
· Facilitate technical and commercial negotiations with customers in order to achieve successful order closure in line with company goals and objectives.
· Review customers’ specifications, provide assistance, information, support, and guidance to develop effective relationships and to secure new and repeat business opportunities.
· Perform cost estimates for equipment and services offered in order to achieve well developed and competitive proposal selling prices in line with sales and margin objectives.
· Prepare and present formal product and services quotations to the customer that includes technical data and concepts, pricing summaries, and commercial summaries in accordance with the project specifications.
· Ensure that orders are consistent with quotes and reviewed for accuracy.
· Maintain proposal and sales records, schedules, and assist in achieving long and short-term financial goals.
· Represent the Company in a professional and responsible manner
· Bachelor’s degree(preferred) in Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent.
· Minimum of 3 years in sales in an automation environment.
· Good understanding of turnkey company product and equipment packages for automotive assembly manufacturing lines
· Knowledge of basic fabricating and assembly practices / processes for robotic industrial applications.
· Experience with 2D and 3D CAD software packages, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project
· Experience working with CRM and/or ERP and other technology tools
· Ability to interpret and understand engineering drawings, calculations and bills of material
· Familiarity with various industry standards: i.e. CSA, UL, ANSI, ASME and similar.
· Ability to perform engineering and sales tasks and make technical and commercial decisions with minimal supervision.
· Self-starter with a competitive desire and motivation to successfully complete tasks and win orders in line with established goals and standards.
· Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills; excellent presentation skills.
· Able to develop and implement sales plans and strategies to secure new business and order opportunities and grow existing business
· Limited travel is required during the course of normal annual responsibilities. Typically, between 10% and 15% annually.
· Mainly domestic (US and Canada) travelling will be necessary as part of normal sales and technical support activities.
· Occasional domestic travel may be required for short term internal meetings or training.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- automation: 3 years (Preferred)
- automotive and robotics: 3 years (Preferred)