Team Leader: Full Time Permanent (40hrs)
Posted: January 15, 2021
Due to a recent retirement, we are seeking a replacement Team Leader to join our small agency in St.Marys, ON, in a full time capacity. The Team Leader will play a dual role by providing key leadership and coaching of support staff within our agency, as well as providing direct supports to the people we serve.
You will assist the Managers by providing day to day support and direction to teams of support workers that lead to a meaningful life directed by the person in their home and community life.
You will support and consistently model our agency values and goals, work well with others, carry out assigned tasks in support of a culture of accountability, maintain confidentiality at all times, develop and promote our agency gift culture, and will ask for clarification when needed.
In this full time position, you will be held accountable through:
- Providing effective team leadership by holding regular team meetings
- Explaining the context for each team’s work, as set by the Manager
- Planning your own work and setting the direction for daily, weekly, monthly plans of all team members
- Providing feedback to team members on task assignment, results and behaviour including recognition, correction and making recommendations to the Manager for disciplinary action of support staff when necessary
- Recommending to the Manager on the personal effectiveness of team members and on completion of performance appraisals of team members
- Coaching team members as directed by the Manager
- Orienting/training new team members regarding established procedures, practices, and service principles to the people receiving support
- Recommending to the Manager the confirmation of new staff during the onboarding and hiring process, and at the end of probationary period
- Recommending improvements to established processes or procedures to the Manger in a timely manner
Your Specific Responsibilities will Include:
- Weekly time spent with people supported
- Implementation of processes related to human resource management, financial management, delivery of supports and services, scheduling of work, quality assurance measures and compliance requirements, health and safety, accreditation, administration and communication
- Development and implementation of person centred support plans
- Implementation of approved individualized service and funding
- Completion and implementation of work schedules for support staff, in conjunction with approving hours worked for payroll purposes
- Recommendation of annual support budgets, with monthly monitoring of expenditures
- Assistance to people being supported and their support teams to maintain homes and property to prescribed standards
- Inputting data into internal systems, maintaining all required and prescribed files for people who are supported, staff team members and required records ensuring their accuracy, completeness and accessibility, and providing reports on this data as requested
- Working collaboratively within designated internal cross boundary relationships
- Maintaining and improving relationships with family members, allies, and significant others in the lives of people supported
- Maintaining and communicating with external partners
- Carrying the on-call emergency phone as part of regular rotation
- Working outside traditional office hours (to include some weekends/evenings)
- Degree/Diploma in Human Services field or equivalent
- Direct support work experience with people with developmental disabilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills and three years’ experience in a managerial or supervisory role, preferably in the Social Services sector will be considered an asset.
- familiarity with AIMS and/or Inclusion System databases will be considered an asset
What We Offer our Full Time Team Leaders:
- Competitive salary range of $54,017.60-$60,132.80
- RRSP employer matching program
- Extended medical benefits (after six months’ probation period)
- Start at three weeks’ vacation, recognizing value of positive work/life balance
- Ongoing educational/training opportunities
- Exploration of your Core Gift*
Apply with cover letter and resume by Thursday, January 28 at 4pm to the Hiring Committee by email, noting in your cover letter the job posting title. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Community Living St. Marys & Area will make every effort to accommodate applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process.
Current First Aid/CPR, Police Vulnerable Sector Check, valid Ontario ‘G’ license and access to a reliable vehicle with insurance coverage is required for all employees. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Community Living St Marys and Area will make every effort to accommodate applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. *
OUR MISSION: To nurture the ability and willingness in our community to welcome and support all people as valued and contributing citizens.
Application deadline: 2021-01-28
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $54,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Working from home has been implemented for administrative duties related to this role. Providing direct supports (an essential service) will still occur in the homes of the people we support, with COVID safety measures in place.
- supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place