Bishop & McKenzie LLP is currently accepting applications for a Corporate Paralegal to join their team. We are looking for a full-time, highly motivated person to provide exceptional support to our lawyers and clients. To thrive in this challenging role, you will embrace variety and have excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Prepare corporate record documents and resolutions
- Effect CORES I, II, & III level filings
- Extensive contact with personnel of various law firms and government entities in relation to Alberta, Federal and extra-provincial corporate matters
- Responsible for keeping up to date on all new government and corporate registry policies and research Acts/Regulations
- Create and maintain minute books
- Paralegal/Legal Assistant certification preferred, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- 5-10 years plus of direct work experience in a corporate paralegal capacity
- CORES levels I, II & III
- Critical thinking, analysis, and research skills are essential
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion; knowledge of data privacy laws.
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact with employees, lawyers, clients, departments, and external agencies.
- Proficient in recording time and billing of matters
- Meticulous records maintenance skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Paralegal: 5 years (Preferred)
- Calgary, AB (Required)