Position Purpose and Summary:
The CAB Assembler/Disassembler is a key member of the CAB Rebuild Division responsible for mechanical disassembly and reassembly of rebuilt excavator cabs that meet or exceed company quality standards. Successful performance requires proven technical ability, attention to detail, tenacity, problem solving skills, and teamwork. This unique position offers a dynamic environment with a variety of tasks and the opportunity to become an expert in this field.
- Ensures complete set of parts come off cab by following Brikers disassembly procedure; identifies any missing or broken parts to ensure a complete set of parts are available upon rebuild
- Cleans parts and stores in systematic order on chain for easy access in future rebuild of cab assembly, immediately updates inventory in system
- Completes part ordering by creating a supplier list and issuing to lead hand
- Identifies product defects and completes appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Performs all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- Works cooperatively with a small team
- Performs set-up tasks for Cab Assembly by making sure all parts are on assembly rack with all required tools needed.
- Reads, interprets and follows established procedures, diagrams, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions to accurately assemble components and mechanical assemblies
- Upon completion of assembly, completes cab shipment preparation that includes water testing and readying for customer by crating or boxing cab
- Maintains effective yard and shop organization by putting cabs in proper location in yard, keeping cab area organized and clean at all times
- Completes documentation as required on the company intranet, and communicates completion and any outstanding issues to the Lead Hand
Relationships and Key Interactions:
- Reports to Working Lead Hand - Cabs
- Collaborates with Cab team members: other assemblers, bodywork technicians, painters, shipper/receiver.
Core Performance Metrics:
- Cab Assembly: Meet or exceed department goal of two cabs per week
- Cab Disassembly: Meet or exceed department goal of two cabs per week
Deliver on time and complete - of all assigned orders as set within the daily, weekly production schedule. Ensures each assembly is tested, delivered without deficiencies and shipment procedures are followed.
Meeting Quality Standards– All product produced meets or exceeds the standards as set out in the Brikers Quality Standards.
Organization of Work Area– work area is kept tidy and orderly to ensure components are stored and tracked properly and equipment is placed and used in a way that allows orderly completion of the work. Individual work areas are cleaned and organized on a daily basis.
Safety –All safety policies, procedures and policies are followed without exception. Demonstrates commitment to a culture of safety through own performance and team work.
Culture –contributes to a culture of respect, hard work, integrity, team work and safety first. Demonstrates an approach of “can do” and getting the job done.
- Minimum one to two years mechanical assembly experience and/or proven mechanical aptitude
- Ability to interpret and accurately follow strict written work procedures
- Demonstrates adaptability: willing and able to adjust to shifting priorities, shows resilience in the face of constraints or frustrations, is not knocked off balance by the unexpected
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills
- Hands on experience working on mechanical systems
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license
- Must possess an acute attention to detail and the ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Capable of lifting 30-50 pounds with relative ease
- Demonstrates the manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour
- Assembly: 1 year (Preferred)