SEEKING RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKERS FOR FULL TIME OVERNIGHT AWAKE POSITIONS
Shifts are 10 hour shifts from 11:00pm-9:00am (70 hour rotation). This position is not straight days, Monday to Friday.
ICSS WANTS YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
*GROUP INSURANCE BENEFITS AFTER PROBATIONARY PERIOD
Innovative Community Support Services (ICSS) is a non-profit charitable organization that is committed to creating and providing families & individuals with innovative, high quality and cost effective community based programs and services that promote a strong sense of well being while making a positive contribution to our culturally diversified community.
ICSS is currently looking for Residential Support Workers for Overnight Awake positions who will be primarily responsible to work and support the clients living in residential settings, in order that they may have the highest quality of life as possible. This includes ensuring that their daily living needs are met in the highest manner.
The Overnight Awake employee prepares clients for daily activities and performs general household duties including housekeeping and meal preparation. It is imperative that the individual working in this position conducts hourly checks for each resident during the overnight hours while they are sleeping.
Please note that most residences are located in rural Cumberland/Navan/Rockland and Orleans.
NOTE: A valid Ontario driver's license and reliable vehicle is required.
- DSW, SSW or PSW with 2 years experience in the field
- First Aid/ CPR valid, current certification
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
- Experience working with special needs clients
- Experience in medication administration
- G-tube care and feeding (asset)
- Cooking and cleaning experience
- Behavioural Management
- Verifies the safety and security of the residents via hourly checks throughout the night.
- Provide support to the residents in the area of personal care. Some positions are considered total care.
- Works with other staff to ensure each resident is awake, fed and dressed for the day within the required time frame.
- Ensure that the residence remains safe (Health & Safety, fire drills) at all times.
- Participate in training / upgrading opportunities to enhance the level of care and skill being offered to the residents.
- Adhere to medication administration Policies and Procedures.
- Follow all recording and reporting procedures.
Extra Skills Required:
- Co-operation, requires a pleasant attitude and displays a good natured manner in the working environment.
- Cooking, according to nutritional standards, the ability to follow menus and prepare foods to the required dietary levels.
- Strong English communication skills, the ability to follow instructions and complete written forms and reports.
Please include your resume as well as a cover letter outlining your accomplishments and indicating why you would be suitable for this position.
PLEASE NOTE: HIRING PROCESS MAY BE DELAYED DUE TO COVID-19.
ICSS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.20 /hour
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)