We believe that outstanding care starts with outstanding people.
At Runnymede Healthcare Centre, we actively cultivate work-life balance and invest in the resources our staff needs to do their best work.
Our award-winning, fully accredited hospital takes an interprofessional team approach to care. We provide comprehensive, clinical services to patients who require expert treatment, extended rehabilitation and daily care beyond what can be provided at home or in the community. At Runnymede we have a single, clear purpose: improve the quality of life of every patient, every day.
If you want to join a centre of excellence with a multidisciplinary team who supports the delivery of patient-centered care, we want to hear from you today.
Clinical informatics Specialist - Permanent Full-time - The primary function of the Clinical Informatics Specialist is to work collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders to plan, develop, implement, maintain, evaluate, and refine clinical application systems (including but not limited to EHR, CPOE, Closed Loop Medication Management, etc.) across Runnymede Healthcare Centre. Using well-developed project management and change management skills, the Clinical Informatics Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the optimal build and use of clinical software and workflows to support patient safety, patient experience, resource efficiency, and inter-professional practice requirements.
Application Deadline: July 26, 2019 @ 16h00
- Design, build, and configure EHR system modules for software and application development
- Facilitate organizational decision-making to ensure EHR deployment meets professional practice, safety, reporting, and business needs
- Work closely with all key internal and external stakeholders (system partners, IS, clinicians, educators, operational managers, decision support etc.) through all phases of project planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Assist with application implementation and system configuration
- Document workflows and uses knowledge of existing and future state workflows to build and improve clinical systems
- Interpret, modify, analyse, and report on data derived from clinical applications
- Make recommendations for optimal use of clinical applications and EHR across the organization to adhere to evidence-based practice and regulatory requirements
- Design and deliver education in support of clinical application implementation, including super user and end user training, onboarding, and ongoing educational support and troubleshooting
- Recommends innovative ideas, processes, and/or procedures for enhancements, additions, and modifications to improve existing systems
- Monitor and report quality data as related to the EHR and clinical software applications
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise in the resolution of complex clinical informatics issues
- Develop, support, and maintain documents for system design and build
- Proactively identify project risks and seeks timely resolution
- Analyses ongoing enhancement requests for existing applications and collaborates cross-functionally to identify project goals and specifications.
- Uses a thorough piloting/testing methodology to ensure minimal production and User Acceptance Testing defects are realized
- Collaborates to update policies and procedures to support clinical system adoption and use
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree required
- Post-graduate degree, certificate or diploma in Clinical Informatics or other relevant field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in acute care, rehabilitative care, and/or complex continuing care, preferably in an organization that used an EHR such as Meditech
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in working in Clinical Informatics required
- Active involvement in own continuing education
- Windows Operating System,Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Visio, Power Point)
- Strong knowledge of project management, analysis skills, computer systems testing and training
- Superior knowledge of Meditech or other healthcare application software in a healthcare setting
- Ability to independently identify and resolve major or minor problems or difficulties
- Demonstrated teaching and facilitation skills
- Effective verbal and written communication to successfully work with all levels of the organization
- Experience with Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Runnymede Healthcare Centre values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA).
Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.
Job Type: Full-time
- Clinical informatics: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)