Now Hiring Part Time Nights Personal Support Workers (PSW) to join our team.
We’d love to talk to you about what makes us different.
As a new PSW joining our community, you will:
Support and embrace our resident-centered social culture and be proud to deliver the highest quality of personal care to our residents. You will work as key members of our multidisciplinary team to understand residents’ individual needs, and advocate for residents to actively participate in decisions about their care.
PSW’s at St. Elizabeth Retirement Residence foster exemplary relationships with residents, their families and the Village team to deliver holistic care to our residents with a focus on accuracy, quality and meeting our residents’ quality of life requests.
- Following the care plan, observing, and reporting any substantial findings and/or changes in patient/resident/client’s behavior to the appropriate registered member of the healthcare team.
- Working under the supervision of a Registered Healthcare Professional such as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
- Performing tasks delegated to them (only if they are trained to perform the delegated task)
- Assisting with ambulation, positioning, and transferring using mechanical lifts such as a Hoyer lift.
- Assisting or providing total personal care such as toileting, bathing, and perineal care.
- Assisting with eating, dressing, and grooming.
- Computer or paper documentation of Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) and other findings.
- Reporting behavioral and clinical changes to a Registered Practical Nurse, Care Coordinator or Manager.
- Be excited by our objectives, our philosophy and the values that shape all aspects of life as part of Zest Communities.
- Display a caring and respectful attitude toward our residents, families, and team members
- Understand the physical, mental, and emotional demands of the PSW role
- Help to maintain self-respect, personal dignity, physical safety, and high levels of cleanliness of each and every resident.
- Perform all other duties as required
- HCA/PSW certificate or equivalent
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; willingness to interact with residents
- Vulnerable Sector Police Screening
- Up-to-date Immunizations required in the Seniors Health Care Field
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift 30+ pounds
- Hours of Work: 10:30 pm to 6:30 am and must be able to work every other weekend
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 12 hours each day
- Ability to work with various cleaning supplies and equipment
Zest Communities Group of Companies is a 55+ community that brings resort-style living to Hamilton. At its centre, a delightful village with invigorating four season indoor and outdoor recreational activities, retail and entertainment amenities will offer residents an unsurpassed lifestyle.
Located within St. Elizabeth Village, we offer affordable independent and assisted living. With beautiful views of the natural landscape, our spacious private and shared rooms are bright, comfortable, and secure.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Personal Support Worker: 1 year (preferred)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)