We are seeking a HARP certified dental assistant for our family dental practice located in Stouffville. The ideal candidate is compassionate, enthusiastic, dependable, ability to multi-task, and be a great team player.
Experience is an asset but not necessary.
Dental Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials.
- Performs procedures in compliance with the Dental Practice Act / IPAC certified
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Readies patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Assembles instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area, positioning instruments for dentist’s access, suctioning, and passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies and pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations and cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- dental assisting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Dental Assitant (Preferred)