The Halton Regional Police Service has a great opportunity for you to contribute to your community by working directly with our Regional Investigative Services team in Oakville, Ontario. We are looking for a candidate to fill a Video Analyst position. You will play a key role in processing, analysis, and maintenance of audio-video evidence for criminal investigations and court testimony. You will be supporting audio-visual and computer multi-media technical support and advice to all units within the Halton Regional Police in the operation of software, hardware and equipment.
Key activities include:
- Installs, tests, adjusts, replaces or maintains video recording system / equipment used for analysis
- Assists Uniform Patrol, Criminal Investigations Bureau (CIB) and Regional Investigative Services (RIS) officer with processing and analysis of videotapes and digital video systems
- Forensically processes, captures and/or enhances various images or actual video, which may become evidence in Court
- Processes encoded multi-format security tapes for analysis, digitizes time lapse images into non-linear format
- Records logs of analysis work, prepares presentations and reports on evidence and technical issues.
Your Professional Qualifications:
- Two years’ experience working with image processing software, editing software, cameras and scanners
- Ability to import /view /extract images from a given video using common CCTV viewing programs
- Ability to process /enhance /clarify images using an appropriate level of processing software
- Must have advanced computer knowledge /skills, and be familiar with the operation of computer-based editing and video processing systems
- Must be experienced in processing digital images, as well as having a basic knowledge of the principles of photography
- Two year community college diploma required in video and television production, photography, or other related field plus knowledge in analogue and digital video recording systems
Location and Other Considerations:
This position is based in Oakville at the 20 Division Station which is located at the Dundas and Trafalgar Road.
How To Be Considered For This Exciting Opportunity:
Anyone interested in this opportunity must apply on-line with a resume and a detailed letter outlining their experience and skills. This information should be forwarded to Staffing Advisor, Human Resource Services, quoting Competition #21-C-20 A on July 12, 2020. The Halton Regional Police Service is committed to the principles of equal opportunity. The Halton Regional Police Service is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note: All applications must be submitted to the Service’s on-line system to be considered for this vacancy.
Reference ID: 21-C-20 A
Application deadline: 2020-07-12
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,359.00 - $71,824.00 per year
- Company Events
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Gym
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program