If you are up for the challenge and would like to be considered for this position, we would like to hear from you. The British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (BC SPCA) is looking to fill the following career opportunity:
Humane Education Coordinator
35 hours per week
Provincial Office in Vancouver, BC
Open Until Filled
We welcome diversity, value differences, and foster inclusion in our employment practices. Find out more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion by reading our Foundational Principles on our website. We invite applications from all qualified individuals who are philosophically aligned with our mission and principles.
The BC SPCA is a dynamic organization with facilities and services across the province of BC. Join an expanding team in an exciting time of change in an organization that makes a difference! Please read below for additional details and let us know if you have the skills and experience we are looking for by submitting your application.
About the Position:
The primary function of this role is to support humane education programming including BC SPCA Kids Club, youth camps/workshops, school programs, teen programming, and other humane education outreach activities.
Some specific duties:
Qualifications you need to have:
- Fulfills Kids Club memberships; inputs data, maintaining highest degree of data integrity; provides customer service related to Kids Club; responds by written correspondence to messages/donations from Kids Club members.
- Helps increase membership in the Kids Club and promotes other BC SPCA youth programs through strategic and creative initiatives.
- Coordinates school program bookings; processes invoices; tracks and follows up on payments; communicates with teachers regarding program bookings.
- Inputs data and maintains data systems related to school and teacher publication subscriptions.
- Supports the BC SPCA school club program; processes club registrations; acknowledges donations; supplies resources and information to clubs upon request.
- Provides administrative planning and support for youth camps, workshops and education events; provides top-quality customer service to registrant families and resolves issues related to camp registration.
- Performs data entry related to direct delivery programs; compiles survey data and tracks program statistics and generates regular reports.
- Identifies trends and offers suggestions.
- Assists with community outreach/events.
- Assists with other duties as required.
How to apply:
- 3-5 years’ related work experience, or equivalent education/experience acceptable to the employer.
- Demonstrated experience working both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to relate respectfully to a diverse audience
- Ability to communicate and resolve conflict in a constructive and professional manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Philosophical harmony with the vision, mission, and strategic directions of the BC SPCA
- Commitment to the principles of equity, diversity and reconciliation
- Additional assets include: experience with Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online, and layout/design skills.
If you are interested in joining our team and are legally entitled to work in Canada, we would like to hear from you. Click on apply now or use the link to apply https://spca.bc.ca/about-us/careers/
We thank you for your interest in the BC SPCA, however; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
The BC SPCA is a Registered Charity BN 11881 9036 RR0001