Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion (€24 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit www.lindecanada.ca
Linde Canada Inc., a leading supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, has an opening in our location in Cranbrook, BC for a:
Class 1 Driver – Full Time
Major Responsibilities (Duties may include but are not limited to):
· Deliver high pressure cylinders, liquid containers and hard goods to customer locations
· Load and unload cylinders, count and record quantities and styles of product to ensure actual load complies with shipping documents
· Check and placard vehicle according to Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulations
· Complete shipping orders and related paperwork
· Complete trip reports, fuel tickets and other necessary reports
· Conduct pre and post trip inspections noting and explaining defects or deficiencies to supervisor
· Other duties as assigned by the manager
· Valid, incident free, applicable provincial Class 1 Driver's License and a clean driver’s abstract
· A minimum of 3 years related experience
· Able to manipulate a variety of cylinder sizes and weights as required
· Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training
· Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. repetitively
· Knowledge of compressed gases and safe handling along with mechanical aptitude
Advantages of working for Linde!
· Global stability and possible opportunities to work in various areas throughout Linde
· Learning environment with an Education Assistance Program
· Continuous learning opportunities provided
· Competitive salaries, vacation and performance-based salary increase
· Comprehensive flexible benefits, including health and dental; pension plan; group RRSP
· Employee Assistance Program, aiding in work/life challenges
· Partnership discounted rates
Linde has an extensive background check process which may include but is not limited to, a criminal background review, pre-employment medical, driver's license and abstract review, and may also include reference checks, employment, and education verification.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $31.91 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Do you have more than 1 moving violation in the last 3 years ?
- Class 1 Driving: 2 years (required)
- Heavy lifting: 2 years (required)
- Class 1 Licence (required)