Program Staff – Part-Time – After School
Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area is an organization that believes in the promise of all children. Our team works with community volunteers, partners and other supporters to create safe environments for children to be between school and home and to provide caring mentoring relationships for children and youth. In 2019, we expect to support nearly 5,000 kids and their families through a variety of programs.
Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters is seeking individuals interested in the following position(s):
Competition Number: PSELL0819– Part-Time Program Staff
Position(s) Available: 1 position
Status: Part-Time – 20 hours per week
Salary Range: $19.58 per hour
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Planning and delivery of fun and safe recreational and educational based afterschool programs to male high school students.
- Providing English Language Learning (ELL) support to male newcomer students’ with specific focus on working with students whose first language is Arabic
- Delivering programming geared towards immigrant and refugee youth.
- Providing direct supervision, behavior management, support and mentoring to youth ensuring positive relationships occur.
- Building relationships with youth in order to understand their individual and collective concerns.
- Maintaining up-to date required documentation and completing other required reporting.
- Complete tasks related to daily routine.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to speak Arabic.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with male youth and/or high school students.
- In process the completion of a degree or diploma in human services.
- A strong academic background as well as previous ELL experience.
- Demonstrated good communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to manage time with youth effectively and be results oriented.
- Demonstrated an understanding of others and the ability to facilitate groups of youth.
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team.
- A Security Clearance Check, Child Welfare Record Check no more than 6 months old are conditions of hire.
We are looking specifically for candidates who can work the following set shifts: Monday to Friday 1:30pm to 5:30pm
Candidates must be capable of performing independently as well as part of a team environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Boys and Girls Club Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area really is “a great place to be”. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a supportive work environment, excellent benefits package and rewarding career opportunities.
Please forward your resume by August 20th, 2019.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $19.58 /hour
- child & youth: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Arabic (Required)