1 Hafis Rd., North York, ON
Continental 12-Hour Shift
As we forge ahead in the transformation of our business, we are coming together as a united North American enterprise, rebuilding our asset base, adding significant new capacity, and focusing on the development of our people. These building blocks are essential to moving forward as a growth-focused, insights-driven, consumer-led company that will celebrate food and the central part that food plays in our life.
The Production Team Leader (Supervisor Level) will provide front-line leadership to production operating teams in a fast-paced bakery facility. The Team Leader will lead, motivate and develop employees to achieve outstanding results according to set targets through enhancing teamwork, effective communications, actively listening, and driving change. The Team Leader will also drive accountability and ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Responsible for preparing and Monitoring the production floor for daily production and adjust production based on inventory
- Lead optimization of production equipment and processes needed to meet and exceed downtime and waste targets.
- Work diligently to drive lines to meet/exceed production targets, while striving to continuously improve individual, team, and company performance
- Train team members to job procedures and best manufacturing practices.
- Instructs and leads team members in the use of and insures compliance in IPM (Integrated Process Management) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Provide effective, timely and fair performance disciplinary feedback to team members and document as needed.
- Resource shifts and ensure availability for rotating shifts including weekends in a 24/7 environment
- Review and Close Production orders in system. Ensure accurate and timely inventory records are entered into the information.
- Assist as need in interviewing, hiring and onboarding of new employees.
- Work with other Team Leaders on continuous improvement projects.
- Monitors performance and tracks attendance and vacation approval.
- May pack, process, and contribute to production on an as-needed basis.
- Ensuring safe work conditions for team members.
- A minimum 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing and 2 years as a Lead Hand/Team Lead preferred
- Ability to work assigned hours, including overtime, weekends, rotational shifts.
- Experience with OHSA regulations, HACCP and Food GMP’s(in the bakery environment preferred)
- Computer proficiency and the ability to make arithmetic calculations, complete routine reports and forms, and the ability to understand and follow directions as given are also necessary
- Must have a good grasp of inventory management (cycle counting, materials management, etc.)
- Strong organizational, People leader skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work with urgency in a fast-paced production environment;
- Must be an effective communicator who inspires and motivates, and creates an environment for open and trusting 2-way communication with all levels in the organization;
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds independently (on an occasional basis).
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, reach, lift, pull, push, stoop, squat, bend and stretch as needed throughout the assigned eight-hour shift.
- Strong understanding of sanitation, food handling, and food safety practices in a manufacturing environment preferred;
- Must be an effective communicator who inspires and motivates, and creates an environment for open and trusting 2-way communication with all levels in the organization
- SAP knowledge is an Asset.