Office Assistant – 13 month contract
We are looking for an Office Assistant to join ORBCOMM as a part of our Human Resources & Corporate Services team, reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources. Working with our teams in the Kanata location, this role will be focused on providing administrative support to the office and the HR Team.
What you can expect:
- Greeting and assisting Visitors to our office
- Completing a range of clerical tasks including photocopying & scanning documents, preparing, distributing, and receiving outgoing and incoming mail, and filing documents
- Answering the reception phone and directing calls to the appropriate person
- Reviewing & validating invoices and corporate credit card reconciliation
- Assisting with the coordination of office events such as charity fundraisers, holiday celebrations, etc.
- Coordinating and liaising with Property Managers on building maintenance issues
- Acting as a member of the Joint Health and Safety team to complete inspections and maintain safety records and supplies
- Ensuring phone and email distribution lists are kept up to date
- Ensuring all kitchen supplies are replenished regularly in both kitchen areas
- Ordering office supplies
- Maintaining the health of office plants and greenery
- Performing other related administrative duties as required
- Post-secondary diploma in Office Administration or related field
- 2+ years' experience in a similar role
- Proficiency in all MS Office programs
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills, especially the ability to deal with constantly changing requirements and priorities
- High level of integrity, ethics, and professionalism
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of executive/senior clients and staff
About ORBCOMM Inc.
ORBCOMM is a pioneer in IoT technology, empowering customers with insight to make data-driven decisions that help them optimize their operations, maximize profitability and build a more sustainable future. With 30 years of experience and the most comprehensive solution portfolio in the industry, ORBCOMM enables the management of over a million assets worldwide for a diverse customer base spanning transportation, supply chain, heavy equipment, maritime, natural resources and government. For more information about how ORBCOMM is driving the evolution of industry through the power of data, visit www.orbcomm.com.
At ORBCOMM, we believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who deliver a high level of performance and skill.
If you are looking for a significant career opportunity and the chance to work for an established, successful and high growth company, ORBCOMM is the ideal place for you.
We are committed to employment equity. ORBCOMM would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ORBCOMM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Contract