As the Human Resources Generalist/Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for providing support in all key areas of human resources including recruitment and selection, performance management, health and safety, training and development, compensation and benefit administration. The position provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
·Provide leadership and support to managers and employees in the areas of performance counseling, employee retention, policy interpretation and implementation, human rights and employment legislation, conflict resolution and legal/contractual requirements.
·Provide support to staff through the interpretation and implementation of corporate procedures and relevant legislation.
·Coordinate all aspects of recruitment including job postings, interviews, candidate selection, and offers of employment.
·Manage the new hire orientation program which includes the on-boarding process and implementation of training modules.
·Participate in labour management meetings by providing administrative support and advice to managers by investigating and resolving employee issues and performance concerns.
·Maintain current knowledge, assess and identify industry trends on changes to legislation.
·Assist with the administration of the Attendance Program by conducting reviews and analyzing the reports to identify employees who have exceeded thresholds.
·Develop training programs, and assist with delivery of training, as required.
·Make recommendations and assist with the review and development of corporate procedures.
·Assist with the coordination of health and safety initiatives, create health and safety training modules, and maintain the SDS database.
·Provide consultation and guidance to managers, supervisors and staff on health and safety and/or disability management matters including legislative compliance and, industry best practices, hazard identification and assessment and safe work procedure development & implementation.
·Provide consultation on the assessment of work-related hazards and the development of prevention strategies
- A University Degree or College Diploma in the field of Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or in a related discipline.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation is an asset.
- Three (3) years recent experience in a generalist Human Resources role.
- Experience with benefit administration and Human Resources Information Systems.
- Strong working knowledge of all relevant Acts, legislation and applicable regulations (e.g. Occupational Health and Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Human Rights Code, WSIB, Pension and Benefits Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act).
- Professional customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to multi-task within a dynamic environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, sound judgment, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, with the ability to adapt quickly to applicable software.
- Ability to work in a team environment, liaison with key external and internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization and to function effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under conditions of strict confidentiality is essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)