The Manager, Editorial Content & Audience Growth, will lead a diverse group of senior editors, journalists, and marketers, aiming to help Canadians shop smarter, live fuller lives, and ultimately, drive stronger connections between Walmart Canada and the audiences we seek to engage.
This role will evolve the full strategy, operations and P&L behind our editorial content properties, covering the spectrum of lifestyle, influence, and conversion focused content. This role is responsible for the continued mentorship and development of the team, establishing content quality guidelines and editorial direction, rapidly growing our reach through social, email, publisher networks, and building stronger engagement for our program among the larger enterprise.
This role requires an entrepreneurial, data driven approach to customer acquisition, with an ability to assess the many channels and mediums available to reach potential customers and prioritize the right ones to drive our strategic objectives. This role will be accountable for a significant audience growth (500k+ uniques/month) for an in-house content marketing practice or media network, know how to tailor content for multiple mediums and audiences, and keep a close pulse on the latest, actionable trends within content and growth marketing.
1. Grow, coach and lead a team of senior editors, writers, publishers, translators, and growth marketers towards the development of a top tier content marketing program.
2. Evolve and manage the Walmart.ca editorial content program, standardizing in-house and freelancer editorial content production processes, developing and monitoring KPIs to assess program performance, setting editorial standards, and integrating partner teams into the content development cycle.
3. Regularly evaluate new customer trends and content performance, leveraging voice of customer data, market research, social media monitoring, web analytics, SEO data, and other sources, to identify new white space for content, suggest new mediums to leverage, strategize growth opportunities, and relay to senior leadership how the program is performing.
4. Develop and execute on an audience growth strategy, building out tactics within social media, email, paid marketing, and publisher networks, to regularly engage with our reader base, expand our reach, drive new partnerships, and funnel repeat traffic back to Walmart digital properties.
5. Regularly coordinate content calendars with marketing, site merchandising, merchant and SEO teams, building processes to translate business objectives into engaging audience-first content, build efficiencies between teams, drive consistent messaging between channels, and enrich content with SEO keywords.
Canada Walmart Division
Post-secondary education in public relations, journalism, social media, digital marketing, or relevant professional experience.
Minimum 5-10 years of experience in journalism, social media, digital PR and growth marketing, with at least 3-5 years directly managing editorial and growth marketing staff.
Hands on experience with key digital marketing, content marketing, and demand generation toolsets, including Google Analytics, BuzzSumo, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Similarweb, Hootsuite, Hubspot and/or related platforms.
Excellent writing ability and verbal communication skills, able to relate content marketing strategies and outcomes to the needs of other internal teams and metrics
Exceptional organizational and project management skills, ability to manage strategic projects alongside multiple ongoing operational initiatives.
Ability to break down complex content strategies into smaller, manageable tasks, and assign workflows
Ideal if you love shopping, and have built content tailored to the household and lifestyle needs of millennial parents.
Knowledge of general SEO best practices is a strong asset, including how to develop engaging, SEO rich content in multiple formats, while adhering to webmaster guidelines.
Ability to adapt methods in engaging with key influencers and publishers, including both paid and non-paid forms of outreach. Existing network within publishing and content creator spheres is a significant asset.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.