Mercatino E Vini is Hiring!
We are so excited about the opening of our bricks and mortar market at 1091 Queen Street East, and we are looking to add a Bottle Shop Associate to our close knit team.
Bringing you the best of Ascari At Home, our newly opened bricks and mortar market and bottle shop will offer everything from pantry items, ready-to-warm meals and kits to specialty cocktails, beer and wine.
As a Bottle Shop Associate at Mercatino e Vini, you are responsible for providing an exceptional retail and counter service experience for all of our guests by possessing thorough product knowledge, embodying warm hospitality, and anticipating and meeting guests’ needs.
General Manager directly, as well as all other managers at Mercatino e Vini
Areas of Responsibility
- Exceed guest expectations by creating a positive experience for each and every guest, through genuine and attentive service
- Anticipate guests' needs by responding positively to guests' questions and requests, including any concerns or issues
- Ensure bottle shop and tables remain clean and organized
- Complete opening, closing and side-duties efficiently and fully
- Accurately complete transactions using the POS system
- Ensure ongoing communication with whole team to ensure overall guest experience
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 year’s experience in counter-service style venue
- Knowledge of Ascari cuisine and wine an asset
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills and strong sales ability
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with guests and colleagues
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Smart Serve Certification a requirement
- A Degree/ Diploma in Hospitality or equivalent considered an asset
Check out our offerings at www.mercatinovini.com and on Instagram @mercatinovini
Please send along a resume and tell us why you'd be a good fit!
Expected start date: 2021-06-17
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Temperature Screenings - Social distance guidelines in place - Sanitizing, disinfecting and cleaning procedures in place - PPE procedures
- Retail: 2 years (preferred)
- Food Service: 2 years (preferred)