Yorkville University has openings for part time faculty to teach English for our General Studies courses as part of the Bachelor of Business Administration program, located at its downtown Vancouver campus on West Georgia Street.
These openings are available for October 2019.
Preference given to applicants available to teach on Saturdays & Sundays.
Yorkville University is a Canadian national university that delivers leading professional degree programs through traditional and interactive course-delivery models with the aim to provide accessible programs to every qualified student. Yorkville University’s programs offer adult learners the flexibility needed to complete a degree while balancing other commitments by providing a supportive, highly collaborative and interactive learning community. Yorkville University offers courses in a traditional face-to-face format, fully online, and in a blended delivery model.
In the BBA program, part time teaching positions are available across disciplines including:
- English (Research & Composition)
- Coaching students, managing their performance and ensuring their success
- Managing discussion boards (for online courses) and in-class activities (for on-campus courses)
- Timely marking and feedback for all student submissions
- Timely response to student inquiries and comments
- A minimum of Master’s degree in Communication mentioned above
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- TESOL, TESL, Applied Linguistics - other related fields will be considered
Preference given to applicants with:
- Relevant doctorate degrees in the corresponding business/ general studies disciplines mentioned above
- Online and blended teaching experience
- Relevant industry experience and/or research experience
About Yorkville University
Founded in 2004, Yorkville University is a Canadian university with a national presence. With campuses in New Brunswick, Ontario and British Columbia, Yorkville University offers professional, practitioner-oriented masters and bachelor degree programs, delivered entirely online, in class or a blend of both.
Please visit www.yorkvilleu.cafor further information.
Job Type: Part-time