Calling all JR Pipefitters who have completed their Journeyman exam we have a great job opportunity for you with a growing company located in the Concord area.
Are you right out of school? Just completed your exam and want to find a great company to start your career? Then apply below
*Afternoon shift 2:30pm to 11:00pm (must be flexible to train on days as needed) OT available
Pay depending on experience between $20 to $25
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Fits up and prepares piping requiring welded joints.
- Fabricates and welds piping/equipment supports, brackets, guides.
- Read and interpret drawings (P&ID’s), blueprints and specifications to determine layout requirements
- Cut openings for pipe in walls, floors and ceilings using hand or power tools or machines
- Select type and size of pipe/metal required
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipe to required shape using hand and power tools
- Weld, braze, cement, solder and thread joints to join pipes and fabricate sections of piping system
- Install supports, valves, piping and control systems
- Test system for leaks using testing equipment
- Replace equipment in plant.
- Assist maintenance with emergency repairs.
- Assist other trades and other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Job requires ability to work with tools, steel, stainless steel, pipes and other materials.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required (e.g. hard-hat, safety boots, etc.)
- Hazards associated with the industry
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs.
- Grade 12 or equivalent or prior experience.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- TIG, MIG, stick Welding ability.
- Clean Criminal Backcheck required
- Good interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem identification and solving capabilities.
- Well organized, detailed oriented, innovative, divergent thinker.
- Knowledge of process improvement tools. Dynamic and a proactive employee, who excels in fast paced environments, where attention to details and multitasking are essential.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Thank you for applying however only those who qualify will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Pipe fitting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fabrication: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- pipefitter journeyman (Required)