Royal Inland Hospital is looking for Casual Medical Transcriptionists, apply today!
The position transcribes, interprets and edits dictation for multiple clinical disciplines and diagnostic departments and performs related clerical duties.
Applicants can expect to perform the following duties:
- Ensure content, grammar, punctuation and format are correct by clarifying inconsistencies;
- Perform basic trouble-shooting for dictation/transcription/speech recognition software systems ;
- Assist physician inquiries regarding use of dictation equipment, status of jobs, or Stat dictation;
- Perform a variety of clerical duties: booking appointments; answering telephones; maintaining files and records; assembling charts;
- Carry out assigned workload, maintaining turnaround times as per department standards and guidelines;
- Respond to inquiries for patient information;
- Compile, print, and distribute statistical reports.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Medical Transcriptionist Certificate from an approved program, plus
- One year's recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a Typing Test at 60 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
- Ability to keyboard at 60 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. **
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.