Schedule 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM M-F, 5 hours/day (approx. 25 hours weekly)
Education Level Completion or in completion of relevant Post-Secondary program
Career Level N/A
Project Support Assistant
About the Faculty:
McMaster University's Faculty of Health Sciences trains physicians, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, health care researchers, physician assistants and midwives to work together in teams, providing the finest patient care. Our pioneering education advances and our excellence in world-class research has consistently placed McMaster among the top 50 universities in the world for health and medicine.
About the Department:
The McMaster University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is a large multi-site department with over 100 Geographic full-time, part-time clinical and adjunct faculty located at two fully-affiliated teaching hospitals, community teaching hospitals and other distributed education sites. We are committed to providing excellent educational programs, leading edge basic science and health-care research and the highest quality in patient care. Our mission is education, research and effective care for women. We believe in operating in a service-oriented and support model.
About the Role:
As the Project Support Assistant, you will work closely with other members of the Obstetrics & Gynecology Education team to facilitate successful administrative operations of the electives program for both the undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The successful, motivated and enthusiastic candidate will be responsible for assisting with ensuring that operations of the portfolio are well maintained and running efficiently. We are searching for a candidate who is highly professional and demonstrates exceptional diplomacy skills to support effective communication with various stakeholders.
Provides administrative support to a project, conference or event, under directed guidance from the Principal Investigator and/or the Research Coordinator.
Purpose and Key Functions:
1. Update records by entering data into spreadsheets or databases.
2. Conduct database, literature, library and web searches to locate documents and articles used for references on the project.
3. Compose email communications for a specific project, conference or event.
4. Copy, collate and assemble a variety of documents and packages.
5. Collect, maintain and organize hardcopy and/or electronic records/files.
6. Assist with other related duties to contribute to the overall operation of the conference or event.
7. Answer routine inquiries regarding specific to a project, conference or event.
8. Perform other clerical duties of a similar nature, specific to a project, conference or event.
Completion or currently in completion of relevant post-secondary program
- Ability to interact with senior management, faculty members, and wide range of stakeholders working in an academic or healthcare environment.
- Must have exceptional technology skills and digital savvy and ability to support becoming paper-free initiatives and utilizing technology for document management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, strong proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel is required.
- Maintains and fosters a positive work environment in the team.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
- Flexible and able to perform in a fast paced environment, where deadlines are constantly changing.
- Outstanding organizational, planning and prioritization skills, and ability to multi-task to manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously required.
- High level of demonstrated integrity and confidentiality; comfort dealing with highly sensitive data and maintaining confidentiality.
- Must have strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. Using logic and reasoning to foresee and identify potential problems and proactively take steps to remedy the issues is required.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong follow-up skills.
Please note that we will only communicate with candidates who are chosen for a preselection test or for an interview. Please upload your Cover Letter, Resume and any other supporting documents when submitting your application online through the McMaster Careers website. Please note this is the only channel we will be accepting applications through; your application will not be considered if you apply through external job boards.
How To Apply
To apply for this job, please submit your application online.
Employment Equity Statement
McMaster University is located on the traditional territories of the Haudenosaunee and Mississauga Nations and within the lands protected by the “Dish With One Spoon” wampum agreement.
The diversity of our workforce is at the core of our innovation and creativity and strengthens our research and teaching excellence. In keeping with its Statement on Building an Inclusive Community with a Shared Purpose, McMaster University strives to embody the values of respect, collaboration and diversity, and has a strong commitment to employment equity.
The University seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion, who will contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives, and especially welcomes applications from indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) peoples, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women, and persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+.
As part of McMaster’s commitment, all applicants are invited to complete a confidential Applicant Diversity Survey through the online application submission process. The Survey questionnaire requests voluntary self-identification in relation to equity-seeking groups that have historically faced and continue to face barriers in employment. Please refer to the Applicant Diversity Survey - Statement of Collection for additional information.
Job applicants requiring accommodation to participate in the hiring process should contact:
Human Resources Service Centre at 905-525-9140 ext. 222-HR (22247), or
Faculty of Health Sciences HR Office at ext. 22207, or
School of Graduate Studies at ext. 23679
to communicate accommodation needs.