Cornerstone Research Group(www.cornerstone-research.com) is a fast-growing, internationally recognized consulting company located in Burlington, Ontario. Our focus is on identifying, demonstrating, and communicating the value of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device products for companies in Canada, the US, and Europe. We offer innovative health economic, outcomes, and comparative-effectiveness services along with multimedia communication platforms. We pride ourselves on providing high-quality work that has been published in a wide range of peer-reviewed journals. We have a reputation for strategic thinking that supports the development of tools that meet the needs of both our clients and health technology assessment agencies.
We are currently seeking candidates with an undergraduate or graduate Science degree (Health Sciences, Pharmacology, Epidemiology etc.) with strong analytical and/or writing skills to conduct Health Economic, Comparative Effectiveness, Outcomes and Market Access research. The position will support global health economic and market access activities for medical device and pharmaceutical products.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of human physiology, ability to problem solve, experience in literature reviews, scientific writing and experience with Excel. Experience in health economics, market access, programming, and medical writing are assets but not required. Preference will be given to candidates who possess strong writing skills and an ability to think analytically.
Please include your CV, a cover letter and a copy of your transcripts (unofficial is fine) for undergrad and grad school (if applicable) when you apply.
NOTE: This position is based in our Burlington, ON office.
The field of health economics research has undergone exponential growth over the past 20 years. As a result, the demand for trained individuals is high and will continue to increase over the next decade. We offer extensive training within a world-class health economic team.
Cornerstone has experienced consistent year over year growth due to its focus on superior customer service, great research and clear communication of product value, while maintaining an enjoyable work environment that fosters teamwork and constant opportunities to learn. These positions will provide the candidates with an opportunity to grow within a company that is an established leader.
Research Associate (Health Economics, Health Technology Assessment and Market Access)
- Research the epidemiology, physiology, burden of illness and treatment of a wide range of medical conditions.
- Support or conduct the design, execution, analysis, and reporting of health economic projects and strategic market access studies for global pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients.
- Support or conduct cost-effectiveness analyses, budget impact analyses, and cost-of-illness studies.
- Conduct structured and/or systematic literature reviews, meta-analyses and mixed treatment comparisons.
- Develop clinical summaries, product dossiers and value messages.
- Program budget impact and cost-effectiveness models using Excel/VBA/Treeage.
- Work with and potentially manage other researchers, writers, and analysts.
- Conduct submissions to CDR, NICE and other regional/provincial payers.
- Support product listing agreements.
- Support pricing research and negotiations.
- Conduct market research in Canada and globally.
- A love of research.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in the life sciences (e.g., pharmacology, epidemiology), health economics, or related field.
- Strong understanding of health sciences, ability to problem solve, strong writing skills and/or an ability to analyze quantitative data.
- Strong interest in and/or knowledge of the health care/pharmaceutical industry, market access, health economics, epidemiology, cost-effectiveness modeling, and/or medical writing.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical reasoning, and decision-making skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational abilities.
- Sense of urgency necessary to meet goals, objectives, and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and accountability.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Experience in the conduct of systematic reviews, statistics, and/or health technology assessments.
- Familiarity with decision-analytic modeling.
- Expertise in Excel VBA, TreeAge, and/or other modeling languages.
Please include a cover letter and a copy of your transcripts (unofficial is fine) for undergrad and grad school (if applicable).
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. All other resumes will be kept on file for six months in the event that new positions become available.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent