At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Manager, Group Life & Disability Claims
Group Life & Disability Claims
**Possibility to work from home following completion of training
If you love helping people and have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service, you’d be a great fit for our team. That’s because at Equitable Life, we believe in providing personalized service and support to our plan sponsors and plan members. Our plan sponsors rely on us to deliver creative solutions as we help their staff in their recovery and return to work from an injury or illness. If you have experience in disability adjudication or in a related disability or mental health profession and you want to have a positive impact on the lives of our plan members, we want you to join our company.
We’re looking for a polished communicator who can develop creative solutions to complex problems, someone who is empathetic and has a natural service orientation, who is a collaborator that can work with others towards a common goal. If that’s you, why not explore a career as a Disability Claims Specialist at one of Waterloo Region’s Top Employers for 2020?
What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Analyze medical, functional, employment and contractual information in order to make timely and accurate decisions on STD claims
- Continually manage open STD claims using proficient problem solving and analytical skills and creating opportunities for timely resolution of the claim
- Calculate benefits payable and make adjustments as required throughout the course of the STD claims. (i.e. offset for CPP Disability Benefits and calculating overpayments, etc.)
- Identify and implement cost effective case management tools to assist disabled employees (e.g. Rehabilitation Intervention, Functional Abilities Evaluations, Independent Medical Examinations, Medical Consultant Referrals)
- Provide superior written and verbal customer service with accuracy and maintain well-documented, clear and concise files
- Frequently communicate with plan sponsors, plan members, advisors, Group Marketing Managers, medical professionals, legal professionals
- Actively participate in client meetings
- 2+ years’ STD and/or LTD claims management experience required
- University degree or College Diploma preferred in health-related field (i.e. nursing, occupational therapy, kinesiology, etc.) or experience adjudicating disability claims
- Thorough knowledge of insurance operations
- Proficient problem solving skills and thorough knowledge of insurance operations
- Complex knowledge of various group contracts helpful
- Computer literacy skills
- Effective negotiating and conflict management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and strong customer service skills
- Mathematical & analytical skills
- Bilingual in French and English an asset
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.