For over 30 years our client, working with Canada’s boutique and largest developers has designed, developed and built simple to complex commercial properties. Its successes continue to grow and those have created an immediate need for a hands-on financial leader to oversee all accounting and finance functions for their head-office located one-hour northwest from Toronto.
The company’s focus is on the growth of its development business but a strong hand is still needed to maintain the current construction business / accounting. You will be responsible for the accounting operations of this company to ensure the efficient handling of day-to-day accounting transactions, cash management and risk management.
With the planned continued growth, this position could lead to the VP Finance position.
Our client, a dynamic and privately-owned construction organization, is seeking an experienced, hands-on Controller to oversee all accounting and finance functions for their head office located one-hour northwest from Toronto.
Your role: Combining an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong background in construction and development projects, you will play an integral role in the continued growth and success of this industry leader. Reporting to the General Manager and working closely with a team of highly motivated, committed individuals, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Accounting experience in development and construction projects – (key requirements)
- Ability to help form budgets, proforma and cash flow projections to obtain financing
- Experience in development reporting for financing draws (key requirement)
- Strong financial lenders network
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and performance compared to plan with recommended strategies to keep the business on track
- Financial analysis and cost reporting
- Staff management
- Direct oversight of client invoicing functions
- Internal processes and controls management
- Treasury, banking and cash flow management
- Liaison with clients, bankers, auditors, insurance company and bond underwriter
- Other accounting, finance and special project responsibilities as required
Qualifications: The selected candidate must have a Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA, CMA, CGA) and have a minimum of five years’ experience and solid comprehension of development and construction accounting and reporting at a senior level. You are willing to roll up your sleeves in order to lead the company’s financial, and treasury activities.
Skills: Your combination of exceptional interpersonal and communication skills together with a committed approach has consistently shown your initiative and adaptability. The ability to deal with constant change and take ownership of your responsibilities is required.
Senior level management: If you enjoy managing at a senior level in a dynamic, fast-paced and ever-changing environment, this may be a great career move for you.
Compensation/benefits: Our client rewards hard work and dedication by offering a highly competitive salary, bonus and executive benefit package based on qualifications and anticipated contributions. The compensation package will exceed $100K for the selected candidate.
Cover letter: Your cover letter attached to your resume will highlight your past experiences and how you will use those experiences to assist in our client’s strategic growth plans.
For further information about this opportunity, please forward your resume to Wayne Newell Management by responding to this ad
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- construction accounting: 5 years (Required)
- development accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- CPA - CMA, CGA, CA (Required)