The West Haldimand General Hospital (WHGH) is a rural community hospital in the town of Hagersville, southwestern Ontario, which provides excellent primary hospital and health care services to the people of Hagersville, Caledonia, Jarvis, Townsend, Cayuga, Fisherville, Selkirk, Nanticoke, the Six Nations of the Grand River Reserve and the Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation Reserve. West Haldimand has a 23 bed acute care Inpatient Unit, 24/7 Emergency Department, Ambulatory clinics and provides perioperative services for same-day surgical patients.
Hagersville is less than one hour away from most major centres, including Hamilton and Brantford, and only 90 minutes from the Greater Toronto Area
Located in Simcoe, Ontario, Norfolk General Hospital provides exceptional healthcare to a municipality of approximately 69,000 people. Our area of focus provides a continuum of service throughout the life span of the people we serve including Emergency, Critical Care, Obstetrics, Medicine, Surgery, and Complex Continuing Care. Employing approximately 550 highly skilled and dedicated employees, Norfolk General Hospital is a full service, 106-bed hospital with 24/7 on-call coverage of Specialists in Surgery, Anesthesia, Internal Medicine, and Obstetrics as well as on-site 24-hour per day medical coverage. Positions may also provide support to the Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home, an 80-bed long-term care facility.
Simcoe is less than one hour away from most major centres, including Hamilton and London, and only 90 minutes from the Greater Toronto Area. Situated in Norfolk County (Ontario’s South Coast), Simcoe is not far from Lake Erie and the 141 kilometres of shoreline that includes long stretches of sandy beach.
In this dual role, the Director will be responsible for leading a staff team at West Haldimand General Hospital, and for managing capital planning projects at both West Haldimand General Hospital and Norfolk General Hospital. The Director of Building Services is responsible for achieving departmental objectives in support of the Hospital’s goals and strategic planning. The Director supervises and oversees development of the building services staff, and ensures that a safe, comfortable and efficient operating environment is maintained for patients, visitors and staff, consistent with Hospital policy and all relevant legislation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages facilities and all building operations, including HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, elevators etc.
- Supervises and oversees development of the Building Services, Nutrition Services and Housekeeping Teams
- Identifies current and future maintenance requirements and prepares the annual maintenance budget.
- Prepares tender documents for RFP, reviews bids, negotiates terms and prepares contract documents.
- Coordinates implementation of construction projects for the two Hospitals, overseeing the full scope of work, including; project specifications; schedule of work; project budget and; maintaining regular communication with hospital staff, contractors, the architect, and workers on site.
- Determines work priorities and schedules repairs and installations in a timely fashion, working with affected departments to limit or prevent any impact on the delivery of services.
- Develops and maintains preventative and corrective maintenance schedules to ensure asset integrity and value for all building systems
- Actively reviews work processes to ensure that all work is performed in a safe manner and that patient, worker and workplace safety practices are consistently applied
- Recruits, coaches, mentors, develops, evaluates and manages the performance of staff
- Establishes policies and procedures using Federal Aviation standards to ensure the safe operation of the Heliport at each Hospital.
- Establishes policies and procedures for Emergency Response at West Haldimand General Hospital, including Emergency Response Codes.
- Ensures that all staff and contractors work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act at all times.
- Position Qualifications:
- Five to ten years of progressive experience in facility maintenance, preferably in a hospital or institutional environment.
- Professional engineer in a related discipline and/or relevant trade.
- Professional designation in one of the following: CPM, CFM, RPA, FMA, CET or related equivalent.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Excellent business management/development, planning, organizing and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated experience with managing multiple construction projects.
- Ability to effectively utilize government building infrastructure funding.
- Access to a reliable vehicle and the ability to travel between two Hospitals; West Haldimand General Hospital and Norfolk General Hospital.
- Strong computer skills and technical skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $87,701.00 to $111,095.00 /year
- management: 5 years (Required)
- project management: 5 years (Required)