Job Posting #: 200805
Position Available: Employee Health Nurse
Status: Temporary Full-Time (37.5 hours per week) until March 31, 2021
Shifts: DAYS (Monday-Friday. Hours flexible to operational needs).
Internal employees must apply by midnight on October 22, 2020.
ABOUT JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL:
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. It is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara's Top Employers for five (5) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team (OHT). JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. For more information, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.
Our Employee Health, Safety, Wellness Department is seeking Employee Health Nurses as we continue to support our health care heroes as the Province continues its fight against the global pandemic supported with compassionate care and exemplary service every time. JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Labour Relations & Employee Health Services the Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) is a valued team member supporting our commitment to provide a safe and healthy workplace for our people.
As a member of the Employee Heath, Safety and Wellness Team you will be supporting the oversight, delivery and services offered to our employees in alignment with our CARE (Compassion. Accountably. Respect. Excellence.) values.
- Provides primary care and assessments for Employee and non-Employee injuries and illness
- Conduct pre-placement health assessments
- Provide immunological services including TB testing and reading to support medical surveillance programs; as required
- Assist in providing case management of short term disability (STD), long term disability (LTD), Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) claims
- In consultation with the team, provide support to Managers on attendance related challenges related to medical conditions
- Promote on site healthy workplace promotion and education activities
- Assist, advise and support the abilities team in formulating modified work/accommodation plans
- In consultation with the team, identify, manage and respond to public health notices in partnership with IPAC, as required
- Accurately maintains documentation of employee health files to ensure currency and validity of information
- Current Certificate of Registration, in good standing, with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BScN preferred
- Certification in Occupational Health nursing, COHN(C) or certificate/diploma in OHS nursing. Applicants actively engaged in the certification process with some courses completed will be considered
- Membership with the OOHNA preferred
- 3 to 5 years of Employee health experience preferred
- Recent experience with COVID-19 pandemic infection control, illness triage and testing guidelines are an asset required
- Demonstrated health assessment skills and relevant knowledge to the Public Hospitals Act, and Communicable Disease Surveillance Protocols
- Knowledge of relevant and current legislation including: OHSA, WSIA, OHRC required
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures, as well as Employee wellness programs
- Ability to handle work with sensitive issues and protect confidentiality of medical information
- Sound judgment in the application of nursing and safety principles
- Strong communication skills with the ability to establish positive working relationships with internal/external partners
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are key to support your work in a fast paces health care, multi-union environment
- Proficient in MS Office required, working knowledge of Parklane an asset
- Regular attendance is required
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please visit the JBH Careers page to apply to posting #200805. We ask that you please include the posting number in the subject line of any email correspondence. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants and only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Any information obtained during the recruitment process will be used for employment recruitment only, and not for any other purpose.
JBH is committed to and supports practices that are inclusive. HR will accommodate any needs under the Ontario Human Right Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Recruitment processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested.
Should you require accommodation through the application and/or recruitment process, please contact HR for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Ext. 4129 to allow opportunity for appropriate accommodations to be made.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary