SECON Group of Companies is a well-diversified, industry leader with extensive experience in the construction, mining, oil and gas, and power generation sectors. We are looking to grow and continue to go into new sectors with new people joining our team every day.
Reporting to the Administration Manager, the Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for administering purchase requests from the various companies and getting price quotes from suppliers.
This position will be a Monday-Friday position and consistent of an 8-hour workday.
This position will be located in Esterhazy, SK.
- Research suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships;
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms;
- Review purchase requests for accuracy/appropriate approvals in place;
- Coordinate receipt of appropriate vendor/subcontractor information;
- Issue of Purchase Orders, Subcontracts, ordering of necessary goods and services;
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries;
- Examine and test existing contracts;
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness;
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients;
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies;
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements;
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have;
- Minimum high school diploma
- 3 years of administrative or procurement experience
- Strong experience with MS Office products
- Must be a driven individual with excellent time management skills
- Superior communication (reading, writing and speaking)
- Interpersonal skills, negotiating and customer service skills combined with a strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy, integrity and confidentiality
- The ability to work effectively with a team environment as well as with minimal supervision
With this opportunity, SECON Group of Companies offers a competitive Total Compensation Package, including fair and equitable wages and a comprehensive group benefit plan.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in the job and which skills, experience, and/or education make you an excellent candidate for SECON Group of Companies.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Open until suitable candidate has been hired.
Reference ID: Procurement Coordinator - Esterhazy
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Procurement: 3 years (Preferred)