Under the direction of the Curator/Museum Supervisor, the Museum Attendant will provide support for all operational aspects of the Penetanguishene Centennial Museum, including the artifacts, collections, exhibits, programming and special events.
- Provides excellent customer service by telephone and in person as well as historical interpretation for visitors touring the facilities
- Assist with accessioning and de-accessioning artifacts/archival materials. Responsible for data entry cataloguing, date research, identification, digitization and organization of artifacts and archival materials. Help with public inquiries on collection holdings and process incoming donations.
- Process registrations for Museum memberships, programs and events
- Assist with the organization and delivery of programs, special events, exhibits and other activities such as fundraising and community outreach
- Provide tourism information to visitors during the summer months
- Provide administrative support to the Curator/Museum Supervisor and Curatorial Assistant as required
- Perform other tasks as may be required from time to time, including cleaning and maintenance of exhibit area
- At least 18 years of age or older
- Enthusiastic individual with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR is an asset
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset
- Experience in a Museum is an asset
Minimum wage as per the Employment Standards Act. The hours of work are Tuesday to Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: $14.00 /hour