About Optima Analytics Inc.:
Optima Analytics Inc. is a Canadian Company with the goal of empowering businesses with tailored AI and analytical solutions. Your employment experience at Optima Analytics Inc. will include working with experts in the AI field, meeting and managing clients, and developing cutting-edge AI solutions.
We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from individuals from equity-seeking groups such as women, racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, persons who identify in the LGBTQ+ community and others who reflect the diversity of Canadian society.
Come work with us!
As a result of new investments, we are growing! We are adding an Artificial Intelligence Programmer to our Agile team of two! Due to significant growth and interest from consumers, we are looking to take our offering to the next level. We're looking for new team members to come in and make the most of this opportunity by helping us shape our company's future.
You will spearhead the development of our extension for ZABBIX, the network monitoring solution, and help automate the solution’s deployment on the AWS Cloud with Docker and Kubernetes. This is a 100% hands-on role with back-end and front-end development of Data Stories and Visualizations, Optimization Algorithms such as Genetic Algorithm and Particle Swarm, Finite State Machine (FSM) and Hidden Markov Model (HMM) computational models, and Reinforcement Learning models. You will help drive our product roadmap as we continue to scale our business and work on new solutions.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work with a team of experts developing valuable solutions. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all work will be done remotely. However, once life gets back to normal, you will be given the option to come work at our office in Kingston, ON. Kingston is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in Canada boasting a beautiful waterfront, a vibrant downtown community, a lower cost of living, and is known to be a community of innovation. This position does not require out of town travel, allowing for a better work-life balance.
This role is perfect for someone interested in being part of a talented team of professionals, who innovate new solutions to ultimately help everyone’s life.
The successful candidate should be able to become an expert/leader in the active area of Network Analytics R&D. He or she will be hands-on and will create new solutions and algorithms. He or she will also implement and deploy their ideas at scale and in the cloud. The key responsibilities of this position are:
- Research and solve problems regarding data centers consolidation
- Working with AWS EC2 instances.
- Installing and setting up ZABBIX.
- Configuring Linux and Windows machines to communicate with ZABBIX over VPN connections.
- Extending ZABBIX PHP code with visualizations pages, network summary statistics pages, data stories pages, and automated network search pages.
- Working with our Artificial Intelligence Designer to implement the optimization algorithms in Python and integrate them with ZABBIX.
- Working with our Data Centre Manager to collect data from the Data Centre nodes.
- Compiling the developed solution into Docker Images.
- Installing and setting up Kubernetes clusters.
- Deploying the developed solution on Kubernetes.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math or related field.
- Experience implementing optimization algorithms.
- Solid understanding of Finite State Machines.
- Solid understanding of Reinforcement Learning.
- Familiar with OpenVPN.
- Familiar with Java and Python
- Familiar with Docker.
- Familiar with Kubernetes.
- Familiar with cloud platforms such as AWS EC2
- Familiar with using Git.
- Able to write and speak fluent English.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Contract length: 6 months
Expected start date: 2020-09-08
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $40.00 per hour
Work from home.
- HTML/JS/React/CSS: 1 year (Required)
- PHP: 1 year (Required)
- Java: 1 year (Preferred)
- Python: 1 year (Preferred)