*Experience in Van, Reefer, Step Deck, etc considered an asset.
- Oversee cargo handling and secure loads, including equipment preparation, application of safe practices, compliance with applicable Acts and regulations.
- Perform trip inspections on equipment operated and load, ensuring safety and roadworthiness.
- Comply with applicable legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, driver's hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods, customs and immigration and weights and dimensions.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
- Check vehicles before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Operate equipment such as truck cab computers, CB radios, and telephones to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Record and maintain required documentation including driver logbook, bills of lading, etc. by manual or electronic means.
- Communicate effectively with the public, customers, and co-workers both verbally and in written form
- Assist in loading and unloading of trucks.
- Perform periodic inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure.
- Ensure that material is properly protected from the outdoor elements.
- Deliver to product and proper paperwork to our customers in a courteous and timely manner.
- Provide feedback to supervision in relation to any customer, mechanical or delivery problems.
- Maintain trucks overall service and perform required inspections.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Class 1 driver's license
- Computer Literate
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong oral and written communication abilities
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Travel required throughout Canada and the United States.
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Manual dexterity required to computer equipment
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds
TDR Transportation and Logistics offer a comprehensive benefit package including matched company pension plan and a competitive wage with this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year