We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) and we believe that it's the informal moments with colleagues, mentors, and leaders where people learn and grow the most. Mentoring, networking, and informal talent development is where 85% of careers are found and 90% of learning happens, yet is largely left to serendipity and chance (which can then lead to biases and nepotism). Building relationships leads to career development, new opportunities, breakthrough ideas and cultures where we feel like we belong.
We’re building the world’s best technology to deliver the best mentoring, networking and informal development experiences. 10KC offers innovative solutions to help clients evolve and adapt their current programs to address the challenges of the modern day workplace.
We’ve built award winning partnerships to strengthen connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic, and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), PWC, Adidas, General Electric, Telus, Johnson & Johnson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Black Professionals In Tech Network (BPTN). We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet (and exceed!) our ambitious goals.
Our Product Team is currently seeking a Senior Product Designer.
- Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly and preserves your formatting. Other formats will work, but PDF is preferred.
- Think you're a great fit for this role but don’t meet 100% of the criteria listed below? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you if you meet most of the requirements!
10KC is permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer who will conduct user research and design user web interfaces to tackle and solve hard, yet exciting, customer problems. Bonus points if you like breaking down the boundary between Engineering and Design.
What you'll do• Ship quality user interfaces:
You will work closely with the 10KC Product/Engineering team to design, code, and test quality user interfaces with a focus on usability, performance and accessibility. As a small team, we'd love to have designers who have strong technical knowledge so there's no back-and-forth handoff with engineering — this helps us move fast.
- Bring concepts/ideas to life through visuals: Work cross-functionally with product management and engineering to create, collaborate and iterate on flows, prototype, and high-fidelity visuals.
- Conduct user research: You will work with Product Management to conduct user research to inform design decisions on how to solve hard problems that customers will love, yet works for our business in the B2B HR/Talent Tech space.
- Creative product storytelling: You will collaborate with the Product and Marketing team to help deliver and refine clear storytelling around the product for buyers and end-users. This includes every part of our buyer and end-user user life cycles across our site, product, help guides and other channels.
What you'll bring
Expected salary range:
- Considerable amount of experience as a Product Designer (Web). There is a strong preference for individuals who have the ability to build Web UI interfaces through HTML and CSS (bonus points if you've worked at an early stage start-up to scale-up environment!).
- Strong UI/UX skills demonstrated through creation of wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. You must also be able to proactively cover the use-cases beyond the happy-case.
- Strong prototyping and communication skills to articulate your designs, especially in cases where interactions may be particularly nuanced.
- Experience in building design systems that are easy to understand and have an understanding on how to build scalable design systems through Atomic Design (https://bradfrost.com/blog/post/atomic-web-design/).
- Passion for putting user problems first. You deeply care about who we're building for and understand the impact of the product you're shipping.
- A love for tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals.
- Are connected to the 10KC mission of democratizing network and opportunity (bonus points if you've worked in HR Tech before)
- The ability to effectively approach, interact, and communicate with others empathetically whether that's our users, or your colleagues.
$100,000 -130,000: (+ performance bonus + equity)
More About 10KC
At 10KC, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community; one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. We celebrate and support our differences. In 2021 we welcomed new team members who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and neurodiverse as a part of our team (and we’ll continue to hire more in 2022!). Our mission is to democratize opportunity through the power of human connection. 10KC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage everyone to apply. Whatever your background, race, creed, sex, gender, orientation, religion, people with living with disabilities, and foreign-born residents, to apply - you belong here!
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits
- Employee assistance program (support for mental health, family & relationship, child & eldercare, work & career, legal, financial, and more)
- Flexible time off (vacation days, flex days, health days, winter holiday closure, Summer Fridays)
- Home office set up allowance
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Parental benefits program
- Permanently remote in Canada (options to work short-term abroad)
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and needs