The Leduc and District Food Bank is seeking a mature and reliable, Warehouse Attendant with strong work ethics and organization skills to provide direct support to the Warehouse Coordinator and Executive Director
Reporting to the Warehouse Coordinator and Director, this is a part-time position (3 days a week Monday, Wednesday Friday with possible evening or weekends when needed). with potential to increase to 4 days a week position.
- Unload, sort and store donated items including, but not limited to; food and toiletries as directed by the Warehouse Coordinator
- Assist in maintaining and managing warehouse items
- Inspect and sort perishable food donations
- Manage inventory in cooker and freezer
- Build food hampers as per instructed including non-perishable food hampers for distribution
- Help with other programs as assigned such as the School Snack Attack and Bread Basket program
- Assist the team in different areas of the Food Bank when required
- Maintain a clean environment
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and possess the following skills and experience:
- 1 + years experience working in a general labour or warehouse position, preferably within a client centered organization.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to offer suggestions to increase organizational or storage efficiency
- Basic knowledge on proper food handling and storage practices
- Strong prioritizing and job assessment skills
- Ability to lift heavy items as required
- Full understanding of safety procedures and practices within warehouse operations
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, time management skills, working independently within a restricted, fast-paced environment, or as part of a team.
- Adapts and able to deal with frequent changes in the work environment
- Ability to maintain personal and professional boundaries
- Ability to maintain and understand full confidentiality
Due to the high volume of calls received daily, we’re asking that you direct all inquiries to the listed email rather than contacting the Food Bank directly and we’ll be happy to get back to you. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and good luck with your application.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour