In this role you will be responsible for:
- Performing a variety of stores duties in designated areas of the warehouse and logistics operations of Interior Health such as shipping and receiving, filling requisitions/orders, unpacking, checking, storing and distributing supplies/goods.
- Receives, unpacks and checks incoming materials from suppliers; ensures that supplies/goods are delivered as per specifications; and completes related paper work such as signing delivery slips. Sorts and places articles in appropriate areas; rotates stock and ensures inventory shelves/areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Checks invoices against orders and supplies/goods and resolves discrepancies with suppliers and/or departments.
- Assembles, issues and ships supplies/goods from requisition requests received; loads orders onto carts for delivery; and completes required documentation in accordance with established procedures.
- Identifies damaged/spoiled goods and advises appropriate personnel in accordance with established procedures; arranges for delivery and return of loan and return items; returns damaged or spoiled goods to supplier as required/directed. Completes appropriate documentation.
- Performs physical inventory counts and maintains inventory records. Replenishes stock based on established minimum/maximum levels and advises when established re-order points are reached in accordance with established procedures; makes adjustments to stock items in accordance with established guidelines; makes recommendations for changes to inventory items and/or levels.
- Maintains records and provides information regarding stores activities; ensures correct coding on stock items; maintains security measures.
- Picks up and delivers a variety of supplies and/or materials to and from various locations in accordance with established policies, procedures and schedules as required.
- Transports a variety of supplies and/or materials to and from delivery locations by operating a variety of vehicles including trucks up to 10,000 lbs or 4536 Kg gross vehicle weight as required.
- Performs a variety of routine inspection/maintenance duties on vehicles and equipment such as securing load, cleaning, checking belts, lights and tires and maintaining fluid levels; recommends vehicle and equipment repairs as required. Maintains related documentation such as log books as required.
- Keeps assigned stores area(s) and goods and supplies in a clean and tidy condition.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities by performing duties such as providing input/feedback to the Manager (or designate) on work procedures and opportunities for process improvement.
- Grade 12 plus one year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid Class 5 vehicle license.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience with retail, inventory, stocking, replenishment, warehouse, supply chain, distribution, stores and merchandising
If this positions sounds like a good fit, please apply
Status: Casual (Casual is defined as on call with no guaranteed hours. Shifts can be called out via short call (1-5 hours of notice) or pre-booked).
Hours/Days: 02:30 – 00:30 (Days, Afternoons, Evenings and Weekends)- Casual on Call- Must be available 7 days per week
Location: 104-2355 Acland Road, Kelowna
Department: Warehouse Operations + In Hospital Replenishment Team
Wage: $21.77/ per hour +12.6% straight time pay in lieu
Closing date: Until Filled
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $21.77 per hour