AFIMAC Canada is currently hiring Personal Support Workers for a temporary position for upcoming projects throughout Ontario.
Successful candidates must be willing to work 84 hours a week and must be willing to travel away from home. (accommodations and daily meal per diem will be provided).
You will earn:
- $25 per hour before overtime
- $30 per day non-taxed meal allowance
- Hotel Accommodations Provided
- Temporary Contract: 1-120 days
The Support Worker is responsible for but not limited to providing personal care, hygiene, and assistance with activities of daily living for clients in the community, administering medication, household chores, recreational activities, physical fitness activities, grooming and dressing, money management and community integration. Know the whereabouts of individuals you are directly responsible for at all times.
Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional personal care and customer service.
Able to stand, bend, walk, crouch, kneel and reach freely and for extended periods; able to lift 23 kilograms independently; able to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting; able to re-position clients in bed.
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate/diploma also accepting SSW, DSW and relevant Health Sciences diplomas (preferred)
- 1-year experience caring for the medically fragile (preferred)
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training (preferred)
- 1-year experience using mechanical lifts and transfer (preferred)
- Current vulnerable sector search within 6 months (preferred)
- Valid first aid/CPR certificate (mandatory)
- 1-year experience administering medication (preferred)
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal required (mandatory)
- Able and willing to work 12-hour shifts, 7 days per week while on assignment (mandatory)
- A Canadian resident and/or legally allowed to work full-time hours within Canada (mandatory)
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $25.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift