Candidates are invited to apply for the casual position of Recreation Aide to work in our 130 bed facility located in Georgetown, Ontario.
Reporting to the Resident Program Manager, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities and qualifications:
- Plan, implement and evaluate both individual and group activation program based on assessed needs and as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Set up and clean activity area as necessary and transport residents to and from programs. Monitor the behaviour and condition of residents during programs, and report any significant changes to the Supervisor and nursing staff as appropriate.
- Participate in development and revision of programs under the guidance of the Supervisor.
- Maintain program and resident records according to department policy. Communicate participation by residents to registered staff.
- Work cooperatively with other departments to meet resident needs.
- Proof of successful completion of an approved Recreation and Leisure Services /Gerontology Diploma or Degree program required.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent documentation skills.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in one-one/group program planning, implementation and evaluation for both well and the cognitively impaired.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in care planning and resident assessments.
- Ability to work independently and ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to plan, implement, evaluate new ideas, resident programs and volunteer initiatives.
- Knowledge and/or experience in working with the geriatric population especially those with cognitive impairments.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact bbrown@extendicare .com.
Job Type: Casual