Rose Integration (a division of R W Tomlinson) manufactures precision-machined components and complex assemblies for aerospace, defense, resource, transportation and industrial customers. Our facility is very unique with 34 state-of-the-art CNC milling and turning centers in a climate-controlled environment, including 9 axis lathes and 5 axis mills.
We provide challenging work, availability of leading edge cutting tools, a variety of metallurgies from brass and aluminum to steel alloys, heat treated stainless, aluminum nickel bronze, Inconel, Toughmet, etc. You will be part of a young, professional team with a passion to be exceptional!
Rose Integration is located in Carleton Place, on the outskirts of Ottawa. Enjoy the lower cost of living, security, and small town atmosphere with access to city amenities, or live in Ottawa and commute to our shop in 20 - 30 minutes!
We are currently seeking experienced CNC Lathe Setup Operators to work Day shifts (7:00 am – 4:30 pm) and Afternoon shifts (4:30 pm- 3:00 am).
- Sets up new and repeat jobs on Nakamura-Tome WT series lathes to produce accurate and repeatable parts
- Troubleshoots set-ups and operations to improve performance and tool usage and documents new set-ups to allow others to set up
- Communicates pertinent information to CNC operators and supervisors as needed
- Supplies basic tools per company standard
- Reads blueprints and is familiar with geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Uses all hand tools including measuring tools and indicators.
- Understands cutting tool types, holders and their uses.
- Understands work holding devices and part loading.
- Verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications and completes inspection sheets.
- Achieves production targets on assigned machines, while maintaining quality.
- Keeps workstation and area clean and organized.
- Works safely and follows processes
- Other duties as assigned
Hours of Work: As required to meet job requirements, generally 44 hours per week. Schedules are primarily day shift, but may include afternoon shift and weekends.
Hourly Wage: Commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience.
- Level 1 Setup/Operator: minimum $19.45 – standard $23.33
- Level 2 Setup/Operator: minimum $23.48 – standard $30.07
Benefits: Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Life Insurance & Vision Care (after 3 month probationary period)
Vacation: 2 weeks
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
- CNC set up: 4 years (Preferred)
- CNC operator: 2 years (Preferred)