At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 470 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
The District Manager is responsible for the achievement of exceptional business results through providing effective leadership to Store Managers in their district. The District Manager leads their team to drive consistent revenue growth, increasing productivity, ensure leadership effectiveness and promote a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Establishes the overall vision and direction for the district to meet and exceed corporate goals and objectives
- Monitors store performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made and that corrective action is taken when necessary
- Facilitates collaboration between Store Management and other support partners to support progress and facilitate resolution of issues/problems
- Develops and implements strategies around improving the financial performance of the region
- Reviews and uses the monthly Profit and Loss statements to ensure expense control and proactively plan service and sales goals
- Examines reports (e.g. inventory, sales and daily reports) to determine the operational activities of the region and ensure optimum performance
- Conducts regular store visits to ensure store standards are met and stores are ready for business
People & Team Leadership
- Builds high performance teams through effective hiring and onboarding of Store Managers
- Conducts ongoing performance management to facilitate a culture of high performance and accountability
- Leads and promotes talent develop initiatives in the region to ensure a sustainable succession plan for Management and store critical roles
- Acts as a strong role model through setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, suppliers and customers
- Leads Health & Safety initiatives in the region
Work conditions :Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada:
- Results focused with the ability to set ambitious goals and maintain efforts focused on meeting and exceeding goals
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire teams to adhere to a vision and maintain focus on achieving objectives
- Customer service focused
- Strong change leadership skills with the ability to initiate and positively lead others through change while minimizing risks and maximizing benefits
- Able to think creatively and generate ideas that add value to the organization. Also, promotes a culture of innovation and change.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to analyze a variety of business reports
- Ability to build winning teams through effective hiring and onboarding of Store Managers
- Commitment to developing talent in order to build a strong succession pipeline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to provide clear direction, prepare and deliver presentations and complete business reports
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Ability to collaborate well with others with a well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills
- 10 or more years' previous management experience in a retail environment with proven leadership abilities and results
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A company discount on store merchandise
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.