Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Located in Milton, Ontario, Modatek Systems is a divsion of Magna International. At Modatek, our dedicated team produce chassis systems utilizing innovative hydroforming, automated welding, and electrostatic coating processes within a large, safety-focused facility. Role Summary
Production Team Members are responsible for satisfying customer specifications by producing products in accordance with Modatek’s policies and procedures, quality management system, environmental management system and the Occupational Health & Safety Act of Ontario. Key Responsibilities
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
- Basic Math and English, with proven ability to read written instructions.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs
- Able to learn and perform basic trouble shooting and problem solving
- Load, unload and inspect automotive parts
- Maintain cycle time in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ensure safety standards are maintained
- Follow standardized work instructions and consistently aware of defects and quality alerts
- Practice and promote continuous improvements for manufacturing processes and identify possible cost reduction opportunities
- Communicate effectively with your team
- Promotes principles of Modatek Operating Systems and Safety, People, Quality and Production
- Follows and understands process documentation and customer specific requirements as they relate to the job function
- Performs operations in a manner consistent with Modatek’s objectives for safety, quality, responsiveness, and cost to meet customer and company specifications (SPQP)
- Completes documentation as required by the department
- Practices and promotes continuous improvements of manufacturing processes and identifies possible cost reduction opportunities
- Follows and complies with all Operational Procedures and Policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environment programs (ie. TS16949, ISO14001)
- Understands, promotes and lives by Magna’s philosophies and Employee Charter
- Adheres to Modatek’s core values; integrity, respect, trust, honesty, fairness and loyalty
- Performs other duties as required
- Our people are our greatest asset. As a valued Modatek team member, we offer you:
- A great work experience with a dedicated and diverse workforce
- A focus on safety, health and wellness, including a corporate wellness program, fitness membership discounts, and a subsidized cafeteria with health concious options
- Competitive extended health benefits
- A group RRSP with employer matching
- Participation int he Employee Equity and Profit Sharing Plan
- Company paid uniforms, allowances for prescription safety glasses, earplugs and safety shoes
- Staff appreciation events
- Continuous training and development, including an educational reimbursement program
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
13--Materials Management F--Permanent/Regular