McGill University’s Gerald Bronfman Department of Oncology is dedicated to delivering excellence and leadership in cancer research and treatment, in the education and training of health professionals and cancer researchers, and in the advancement of all aspects of cancer control and prevention.
Reporting to the Chair of the Gerald Bronfman Department of Oncology, the Senior Data Analyst will assist the department’s faculty on demand by providing broad expertise in data science related to cancer research. The incumbent will be involved in the design, execution, analysis, and reporting of a wide range of cancer research studies that involve data on human subjects.
- Conducts advanced statistical analyses of experimental and clinical data.
- Develops statistical design and analysis deliverables (i.e., analysis plans, methodology and statistical results sections, interpretation of results) for data requests and clinical reports.
- Assisting with study design and statistical data analysis plans in support of proposed research questions.
- Linking administrative databases with clinical and laboratory results.
- Providing advice on data collection and management for clinical studies.
- Reviewing and revising clinical reports, mainly for data analysis and interpretation of results from laboratory, clinical, and epidemiologic studies.
- Participating in reviews of ongoing projects to ensure appropriateness of study design and statistical methodology, verify quality and accuracy of statistical analyses, and ensure accurate reporting and interpretation of analyses.
Minimum Education & Experience:
Five (5) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills And/Or Abilities:
Master’s or doctoral degree in biostatistics and/or epidemiology with experience in statistical analysis of clinical or epidemiologic data is preferred. Alternatively, a professional health sciences degree (MD, DD) with relevant advanced training in biostatistics and/or epidemiology. Relevant experience supporting clinical trials. Excellent knowledge of applied statistical methodologies. Demonstrated experience with multiple types of regression models with repeated measures, non parametric modeling and analysis, Bayesian analysis, survival analysis, and techniques for dealing with missing data. Proficiency with advanced methods of statistical data analysis using SAS, Stata, R and/or other specialized software is a required skill. Self-directed, organized and able to work both independently and as a part of a team. Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines. Superior analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and good command of French. Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting. Effective communicator: able to explain methodology and consequences of decisions in lay terms.
Reference Number: 19-0612/MR1162
Position Type: Full-Time
Hours Per Week: 33.75
How To Apply: Please submit your application online at
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number - 19-0612/MR1162
The deadline to apply for this position is July 3, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,600.00 to $131,200.00 /year
- related: 5 years (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
- English (verbal/written) (Preferred)